Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 27-01-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 47718)
is stats board or ministry supportive of their employee going for further study?

izzit likely that they will pay u to go study? even if they do so, would a non-scholar (but first class) have lower priority?

assuming the role is rather 'specialized' and doing further study is useful for the role.

Do yourself a favour by brushing up your english before even considering applying to any university.

Unregistered 29-01-2014 03:33 PM

Is there any difference joining a stat board before/after 1st April of the year?
if join before this April, next year April will get increment?
or is it, if join after April, there will still be increment on next Apr 1st but pro-rated?

Unregistered 29-01-2014 11:04 PM

I do not really understand your brand of English.

What do you mean by sponsoring one for study yet he or she is not considered a scholar?

Can you please write properly?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 47718)
is stats board or ministry supportive of their employee going for further study?

izzit likely that they will pay u to go study? even if they do so, would a non-scholar (but first class) have lower priority?

assuming the role is rather 'specialized' and doing further study is useful for the role.

Unregistered 30-01-2014 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 47757)
I do not really understand your brand of English.

What do you mean by sponsoring one for study yet he or she is not considered a scholar?

Can you please write properly?

You're probably not from Singapore. Even if you are, I guess you're not exposed to the terms we use here. Are you from one of those private universities? Here, a person is only a 'scholar' if he/she gets a university scholarship. Usually under a certain ministry. Those are the more prestigious ones, the highest order being the President's Scholarship followed by the PSC and SAFOS. Its more than just getting a free education. If you are bestowed a scholarship, you gain access to a fast-track path within the ministries. You are groomed from the beginning to helm various departments and eventually the ministry itself. No one cares about the free education, they just want that path. Some ministries do SPONSOR a post-graduate education like a masters and such. BUT, that does not mean that said recipient has achieved the same level as the previously mentioned SCHOLAR. Scholars, referring to those that receive scholarships from their undergrad studies, gets the first dibs for everything.

Unregistered 30-01-2014 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 47761)
You're probably not from Singapore. Even if you are, I guess you're not exposed to the terms we use here. Are you from one of those private universities? Here, a person is only a 'scholar' if he/she gets a university scholarship. Usually under a certain ministry. Those are the more prestigious ones, the highest order being the President's Scholarship followed by the PSC and SAFOS. Its more than just getting a free education. If you are bestowed a scholarship, you gain access to a fast-track path within the ministries. You are groomed from the beginning to helm various departments and eventually the ministry itself. No one cares about the free education, they just want that path. Some ministries do SPONSOR a post-graduate education like a masters and such. BUT, that does not mean that said recipient has achieved the same level as the previously mentioned SCHOLAR. Scholars, referring to those that receive scholarships from their undergrad studies, gets the first dibs for everything.

you are a very patient man for explaining to those people... usually i just lurk around and laugh at their ignorance.

Unregistered 30-01-2014 07:02 AM

That's why some will move ahead in their lives / careers while others are still lurking in the dark and laughing at themselves

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 47763)
you are a very patient man for explaining to those people... usually i just lurk around and laugh at their ignorance.

Unregistered 30-01-2014 02:00 PM

Some info for reference though I'm not in the public sector.

Llocal u grad in 1996. First 2 yrs in local bank then moved to oil n gas in 1999 till now. Drawing monthly 11+k and annual is 12mths + 3mths fixed + 2 to 3mths variable.
I always wonder how many mths the public sector pays on average for bonus every year.

Unregistered 30-01-2014 08:47 PM

No need to compare. You are already the most successful man in this forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 47768)
Some info for reference though I'm not in the public sector.

Llocal u grad in 1996. First 2 yrs in local bank then moved to oil n gas in 1999 till now. Drawing monthly 11+k and annual is 12mths + 3mths fixed + 2 to 3mths variable.
I always wonder how many mths the public sector pays on average for bonus every year.

Unregistered 30-01-2014 09:42 PM

I strongly suggest that you read the Instruction Manual (hopefully u know what it is) first to equip yourself with some basic knowledge about how things work. Otherwise, it is all based on your presumptions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 47761)

Unregistered 31-01-2014 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 47772)
No need to compare. You are already the most successful man in this forum.

Tats not the intent. I saw posts mentioning annual to be 16-17 mths in the civil service and just wonder if this is the norm. I'm also very confused with all the MX stuff as there was no mention on roughly how long it takes to reach those levels.