Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 28-06-2013 08:53 PM

nor alaGen

Stop using the old salary scale. U are so obsolete.

Job grade: MX9 (Superscale)
Job title: Deputy Director, Director
Pay scale: S$10,580 – S$14,550 / S$14,551 – S$16,540

Job grade: MX10
Job title: Assistant Director, Deputy Director
Pay scale: S$6,667 – S$9,502 / S$9,503 – S$10,920
<<this value already include the april2012 adjustment +5%>>

Job grade: MX11
Job title: Manager, Assistant Director
Pay scale: S$4,510 – S$6,776 / S$6,777 – S$7,909
<<this value already include the april2012 adjustment +10%>>

Job grade: MX12
Job title: Assistant Manager, Manager
Pay scale: S$2,805 – S$5,643

<<this value takes into account the April 2012 adjustment +10% & +5%>>

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39187)
Here's the MX pay ranges again for all our reference:

2011 Civil Service Salary Range

Job grade: MX9 (Superscale)
Job title: Deputy Director, Director
Pay scale: S$10,580 – S$14,550 / S$14,551 – S$16,540

Job grade: MX10
Job title: Assistant Director, Deputy Director
Pay scale: S$6,350 – S$9,050 / S$9,051 – S$10,400

Job grade: MX11
Job title: Manager, Assistant Director
Pay scale: S$4,100 – S$6,160 / S$6,161 – S$7,190

Job grade: MX12
Job title: Assistant Manager, Manager
Pay scale: S$2,550 – S$5,130

Job grade: MX13
Job title: Management Executive
Pay scale: up to S$2,800 for fresh graduates

Since the 2012 wage adjustment is ~10%, add 10% to the above value.

Unregistered 28-06-2013 11:40 PM

I know there is a 5 or 10 % adjustment to existing civil servants at that time. but just wondering if wage adjustment is to be applied to min /max portion of the salary scales?

Unregistered 29-06-2013 03:52 AM

Please refer to the previous post regarding the updated salary range. It is not rocket science.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39211)
I know there is a 5 or 10 % adjustment to existing civil servants at that time. but just wondering if wage adjustment is to be applied to min /max portion of the salary scales?

Unregistered 29-06-2013 05:14 PM

Career advice

Guys, I just turned 30.

I had a "slow" start to my industry, compared to my male and female peers, owing to 1) NS, 2) SMU (4 year program isntead of 3) and 3) worked for 6 months in my first job before switching to my current one.

I just got my promotion letter and am now earning 5.5k with 4.5 years of relevant experience, but I am highly disillusioned with my pay and current situation, and am considering moving to the IRAS. My current job has insane working hours. Every fortnight, u burn your entire weekend (daily hours are generally 9am-8 pm with max one hour lunch break). To add to that, the "slow" start had already cost me deeply. My peers at 30 are newly minted managers (it will take me another 2 years), foreigners and females are sometimes senior managers at my age, or just 1-2 years older. I feel completely burned out, and feel like switching everyday.

However, I'm quite wary of the paycut. I have heavy financial commitments. If i stay on for another year, my next pay scale will be 6400-6600. Thereafter, swithcing to another pte sector job usually comes with a 5-10% pay increment. But compeititon is stiff and opportunities are few (tax is a very narrow field).

I'm really tussling between staying or moving. If i stay on and continue to plough in the insane hours, there is a high probablity of promotion (70-80% probability if u have average performance and don't screw up). However, I am already experiencing some minor health issues (though i force myself to exercise 3-4 times a week). If I move on to IRAS, I'm not sure the pay offered and the promotion speed will be anywhere comparable. Plus, I'm not a scholar (high merit degree).

Somebody please advise. I need clarity of perspective.

Unregistered 29-06-2013 05:40 PM

What did you major for your degree? Are you working in one of the 4 Big at present?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39228)
Guys, I just turned 30.

I had a "slow" start to my industry, compared to my male and female peers, owing to 1) NS, 2) SMU (4 year program isntead of 3) and 3) worked for 6 months in my first job before switching to my current one.

I just got my promotion letter and am now earning 5.5k with 4.5 years of relevant experience, but I am highly disillusioned with my pay and current situation, and am considering moving to the IRAS. My current job has insane working hours. Every fortnight, u burn your entire weekend (daily hours are generally 9am-8 pm with max one hour lunch break). To add to that, the "slow" start had already cost me deeply. My peers at 30 are newly minted managers (it will take me another 2 years), foreigners and females are sometimes senior managers at my age, or just 1-2 years older. I feel completely burned out, and feel like switching everyday.

However, I'm quite wary of the paycut. I have heavy financial commitments. If i stay on for another year, my next pay scale will be 6400-6600. Thereafter, swithcing to another pte sector job usually comes with a 5-10% pay increment. But compeititon is stiff and opportunities are few (tax is a very narrow field).

I'm really tussling between staying or moving. If i stay on and continue to plough in the insane hours, there is a high probablity of promotion (70-80% probability if u have average performance and don't screw up). However, I am already experiencing some minor health issues (though i force myself to exercise 3-4 times a week). If I move on to IRAS, I'm not sure the pay offered and the promotion speed will be anywhere comparable. Plus, I'm not a scholar (high merit degree).

Somebody please advise. I need clarity of perspective.

Unregistered 29-06-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39231)
What did you major for your degree? Are you working in one of the 4 Big at present?

Majored in economics and business.

Any advice?

Unregistered 29-06-2013 07:16 PM

Firstly, u can negotiate for a decent pay package even with stat boards/govt agencies

Secondly, if you are getting a significant pay rise next year, you may want to stay on for a while more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39235)
Majored in economics and business.

Any advice?

Unregistered 30-06-2013 03:34 PM

anyone knows why they take 1 month to process application after first interview.

Unregistered 30-06-2013 06:01 PM

Minimum Service Period

Hi all,

Would really like to get your advice on this item. I've been working in a policy position in a stat board, this is my first civil service job and I am still under a probation contract. My ex-boss really liked me and my work, and gave me a chance to go overseas to the states for training and exposure. This resulted in me signing a minimum service period due to a training award.

After my ex-boss left 3 months ago though, I have had limited opportunities to work with her replacement. I was informed on the eve of my first year that the current job portfolio wasn't a good fit for me, and I would need to have my contract extended for another few months before they can consider confirming me as permanent staff.

I was further encouraged to apply for other jobs outside so that I have more options should I chose not to continue working with the statboard. I understand this is a bad sign for my future in the department. I'm not sure what lead to this result, as before my previous boss left I was graded quite well (B grader) in my mid-year assessment.

Regardless, I really want to continue working for civil service and will tough it out in my current department. But, in the case I take the advice of my current boss and secure a new job now, would I be able to return to Civil service with a broken Minimum service period? I heard of teachers breaking their bonds and returning to civil service in a few years.

Please advise if anybody has any experience.

Unregistered 30-06-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 39274)
anyone knows why they take 1 month to process application after first interview.

I have a different but related sorta question: anyone know why two months after the second interview they never reply? The whole stat board kena sucked into a black hole or got abducted by aliens?