Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 14-04-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35778)
agree bro

no idea y the peeps here r getting their knickers in a twist

outliers will always exist in every system with human players

i'll just put it out there that im expecting 110 k in wages for this FY

MX11, 29 yo

*wink*

WHY SO MUCH?
That is almost 7K based on a total 16 month package. what kind of job you do please share little bit.

Unregistered 14-04-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35776)
Glad that you have finally decided to "rest your case".

No more nonsense from you...Hurray!

sigh i don't know why you are so adamant i'm lying but there's only so much i can do to convince you. even within public service, there are many different kinds of officers and different job scopes, with vastly different career progression opportunities. some work a fixed 830-6 schedule, some work 12-14 hour days and either claim cab home everyday or work till past midnight via VPN. my point is, just b'cos it's not happening to you nor your immediate colleagues doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

for instance, we've heard that AOs are well paid. but do you know that entry grade AOs are paid >$20k per month? that's just the director-level positions we are talking about in some ministries. and to lend some credibility to my points lest you dismiss me entirely again.

Figures extracted from ST article 'Missed opportunity on civil service pay" dated 9 Apr 2013: -

".....We know that the lowest entry grade to Superscale salary range for the Administrative Service is SR9, which is pegged to the 15th-highest earner at age 32 in six professions. In 2010, the Public Service Division, the human resources arm of the Government, said administrative officers at the entry-level Superscale Grade of SR9 got $365,000."

Unregistered 14-04-2013 08:09 PM

Seriously, 365k min for these people who churn out failed policies one after another is simply hard to swallow.

Unregistered 14-04-2013 08:09 PM

Apparently, u have not really given up yet. Nevertheless, enjoy the remaining bits of the weekends :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35787)
sigh i don't know why you are so adamant i'm lying but there's only so much i can do to convince you. even within public service, there are many different kinds of officers and different job scopes, with vastly different career progression opportunities. some work a fixed 830-6 schedule, some work 12-14 hour days and either claim cab home everyday or work till past midnight via VPN. my point is, just b'cos it's not happening to you nor your immediate colleagues doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

for instance, we've heard that AOs are well paid. but do you know that entry grade AOs are paid >$20k per month? that's just the director-level positions we are talking about in some ministries. and to lend some credibility to my points lest you dismiss me entirely again.

Figures extracted from ST article 'Missed opportunity on civil service pay" dated 9 Apr 2013: -

".....We know that the lowest entry grade to Superscale salary range for the Administrative Service is SR9, which is pegged to the 15th-highest earner at age 32 in six professions. In 2010, the Public Service Division, the human resources arm of the Government, said administrative officers at the entry-level Superscale Grade of SR9 got $365,000."

Unregistered 14-04-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35789)
Apparently, u have not really given up yet. Nevertheless, enjoy the remaining bits of the weekends :)

it's alright, we're all here to share anyway :)

Unregistered 14-04-2013 11:08 PM

yup, to each his own.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35791)
it's alright, we're all here to share anyway :)

Unregistered 15-04-2013 10:07 AM

Can't agree more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35495)
I sometimes wish this thread about civil service salary would stop. Just take a look at how some of our fellow Singaporeans are performing. At age 30 years old, he is still earning $2.8K and do you think that he is the only one with that salary here? There are many others who are the same age or older who are earning that range of salary.

Civil/ public service is really about serving the public. Do you know that public servants used to sign off as "Yours sincerely" when writing to the public. It had a lot of meaning to it. Did you join the civil/public sector just because of the healthy MIs or to serve? Do you know that some grads are earning less than $4K in their 40s and they are our fellow Singaporeans with family?

Have you guys read today's news? It was reported that from year 2000, the income gap had begun to widen. Do you know that there is a wage stagnation for those in the private sector right now?

Unregistered 15-04-2013 01:13 PM

U should tell that to the guy who lived in the ivory tower. He is very concerned when people are skeptical about how well he is doing in civil service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35802)
Can't agree more.

Unregistered 15-04-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35794)
yup, to each his own.

Definitely so.

Unregistered 15-04-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 35811)
U should tell that to the guy who lived in the ivory tower. He is very concerned when people are skeptical about how well he is doing in civil service.

can't be far wrong from that.