Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

annabella 14-02-2013 03:59 PM

its been 2 weeks already leh.. clearance so long one ah.

Unregistered 14-02-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annabella (Post 33221)
its been 2 weeks already leh.. clearance so long one ah.

Can tell which ministry you applied to, and your degree from local?

Unregistered 15-02-2013 09:19 PM

Hi forumers,

I have been digging around for salary information for civil service but have often been given diplomatic answers like "unable to give a range as all interviewees are different".

I am currently 34yrs old male with Bachelors degree in Business Admin from Uni Canberra, Australia and a Masters of Intl Business from Monash University, Australia. I have 5 years as a civil servant and 6 years of experience in FMCG with reputable companies.

I would like to hear some opinions on whether I should do i mid career switch to joining Spring Singapore or Ministry of Trade? My MIB programme focuses more on intl trade and macro business issues and I feel that I am not making full use of it in FMCG. The next issue is of course what salary scale can I expect if I were to make the switch?

I tried many avenues to find salary structure of the SPRING and MTI but to no avail. Can someone help?

cslee 16-02-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33247)
Hi forumers,

I have been digging around for salary information for civil service but have often been given diplomatic answers like "unable to give a range as all interviewees are different".

I am currently 34yrs old male with Bachelors degree in Business Admin from Uni Canberra, Australia and a Masters of Intl Business from Monash University, Australia. I have 5 years as a civil servant and 6 years of experience in FMCG with reputable companies.

I would like to hear some opinions on whether I should do i mid career switch to joining Spring Singapore or Ministry of Trade? My MIB programme focuses more on intl trade and macro business issues and I feel that I am not making full use of it in FMCG. The next issue is of course what salary scale can I expect if I were to make the switch?

I tried many avenues to find salary structure of the SPRING and MTI but to no avail. Can someone help?

Most importantly, check if this is the career for you to develop long term, if you do well and contribute significantly to Singapore economy, no need to worry about the salary structure. It's your CEP that counts. CEP can't be determined until your bosses have assessed your potential over time.

Unregistered 16-02-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33188)
It will be a default C grade....
For MX12, C graders will get 2 months of performance bonus
For MX11, C graders will get 2.5 months.
Note the pro rate too, from your first day of work to the last day of Dec.

Where got so much for c mx12. Only one month la

Unregistered 16-02-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33189)
Dunno this is which stat board MX scheme.

I think ministry scheme not on superscale should be
C = 1.5 base
C+ = 1.75
B = 2.25
B+ = 2.5
A = 3? (not sure)

ministry, MX scale (non-scholar).. got a B last year and PB was 2.5 months

Unregistered 17-02-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cslee (Post 33251)
CEP can't be determined until your bosses have assessed your potential over time.

Not true... CEP stands for Current Estimated Potential, so ur bosses must estimate ur potential currently, and not over time... every civil servant has a cep on day one based on quality of uni degree...

Govt Scholars will have very high cep even when they start their work in day one. Non-scholars will have average cep, but if they work damn hard, their bosses will improve their cep.

Scholars cep wont change unless they screw up big time...

Unregistered 17-02-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33262)
Not true... CEP stands for Current Estimated Potential, so ur bosses must estimate ur potential currently, and not over time... every civil servant has a cep on day one based on quality of uni degree...

Govt Scholars will have very high cep even when they start their work in day one. Non-scholars will have average cep, but if they work damn hard, their bosses will improve their cep.

Bosses with low CEP can't help you much.

And not all bosses are fair and benevolent.

Unregistered 17-02-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33263)
Bosses with low CEP can't help you much.

And not all bosses are fair and benevolent.

Of cos... that's why CEP is Career Ending Point for some...

cslee 17-02-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33262)

maybe I didn't make myself clear. when I mean over time, it's mean it keep changing and re-assessing over time.

agree that your boss must support you to have cep raised. but when you're outstanding and keep solving problems for your boss, it's hard for him not to notice and reward you.