Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 07-02-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33082)
My issue is I'm jobless for a year. Told them I went for many interviews, both private and public. Never say directly if I got job offer but say I'm waiting for replies. My situation is working against me, don't know how to get around it.

Were you laid off? If not, why did you quit without first securing another job?

Unregistered 07-02-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33085)
Were you laid off? If not, why did you quit without first securing another job?

quit without a job, previous job irrelevant to my cert and no career prospect. want to change field. take a break to go travelling. sounds stupid but it's a once in a lifetime thing, so no regrets. i tell my employers honestly followed by saying my next job will be my career and no more such thing, will they accept my explanation or reject outright? worked 3 yrs in previous job and my first job after grad.

Unregistered 07-02-2013 11:42 PM

What do people in Ministries do after a few years?
Is it common for civil servants to jump around ministries/stat boards every few years...or mostly stick same place for decades?

Some more, if your job is the kind only found in govt sector...so like "policy" kind of stuff (which i would consider the "Real" govt positions) instead of accounting/HR/communications which are more like support also found in pvt sector....what is the future?

Not everyone can be top flyer right. Of cos top few probably move about change portfolio as if a smaller version of minister, changing portfolio every few years. But the rest? Say you are damn clever...and you got into Policy Work at MTI, or EDB, or MFA?

Unregistered 08-02-2013 11:06 PM

Performance Bonus

it is that time of the year again....civil service performance bonus. how much are you expecting?

Unregistered 12-02-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33128)
it is that time of the year again....civil service performance bonus. how much are you expecting?

I just join civil service last aug.. heard first PB will be low, is that true?..

Unregistered 12-02-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33176)
I just join civil service last aug.. heard first PB will be low, is that true?..

should be prorated!!!!

Unregistered 12-02-2013 08:52 PM

It will be a default C grade....
For MX12, C graders will get 2 months of performance bonus
For MX11, C graders will get 2.5 months.
Note the pro rate too, from your first day of work to the last day of Dec.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33176)

Unregistered 12-02-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33188)
It will be a default C grade....
For MX12, C graders will get 2 months of performance bonus
For MX11, C graders will get 2.5 months.
Note the pro rate too, from your first day of work to the last day of Dec.

Dunno this is which stat board MX scheme.

I think ministry scheme not on superscale should be
C = 1.5 base
C+ = 1.75
B = 2.25
B+ = 2.5
A = 3? (not sure)

annabella 14-02-2013 09:34 AM

the HR called me and gave me the tentative offer, but ask me dont tender yet as they are doing the checks. its been 2 weeks they yet to call me back. any one knows what kind of checks they are doing on?

Unregistered 14-02-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annabella (Post 33216)
the HR called me and gave me the tentative offer, but ask me dont tender yet as they are doing the checks. its been 2 weeks they yet to call me back. any one knows what kind of checks they are doing on?

Probably Security Clearance.