Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 31-03-2012 02:46 PM

does anyone know when we will receive our pay if we are working in a ministry? is it the second week of the month?

Unregistered 31-03-2012 04:30 PM

sorry for going OOT but what is the difference between

DIV 1
DIV 2
DIV 3
DIV 4?

Unregistered 02-04-2012 04:06 PM

Public Service - Comchest

can anyone tell me how much does a Manager level staff in Comchest earn? I understand it falls under Public Service and not Civil Service. Whats the difference between the 2 anyway?

Unregistered 02-04-2012 06:08 PM

Has anyone worked in WDA? Can share experiences?

Dear fellow forumers,

Would appreciate your feedback on this Stat Board - WDA.

Is the ranking Asst Director and Principal Manager the same? What's the range of pay like in these roles?

They recently been hiring again....

Regards

shaz 02-04-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23224)
can anyone tell me how much does a Manager level staff in Comchest earn? I understand it falls under Public Service and not Civil Service. Whats the difference between the 2 anyway?

Comchest is a sub-unit of the National Council of Social Service (NCSS) which is a statutory board of Ministry of Community, Youth and Sports.

"The Singapore Public Service employs some 127,000 public officers working in 15 Ministries, more than 50 Statutory Boards and 9 Organs of State. Within the Public Service is the Civil Service, comprising more than 76,000 officers working in the Ministries and Organs of state. They work in various schemes of service, including the Administrative Service, legal, education, police, civil defence as well as other generic schemes. Statutory boards (such as HDB, CPF Board, IRAS, etc) have their own recruitment and human resource management policies. They are legally distinct and independent employers from the Civil Service".

Just imagine Singapore Airlines as Civil Service (parent company) and its subsidiaries Silk Air (fully owned) and Tiger Airways (partially owned) as Statutory Boards... same concept... there's a natural tendency that the parent company has a higher profile than its subsidiaries :)

There is also a tendency to assume that by joining a Stat Board (which is supposed to be more efficient than a Ministry), you have a strong interest in what they do. For example, it's typical to stereotype those who join Singapore Sports Council as someone who like sports a lot...

I started work in a Stat Board and then moved to a Ministry. In terms of remuneration, I'd say it's fairly comparable, +/- 10-15% depending on many factors such as experience, relevance, qualification, etc... stayed 2 years in Stat Board and 5 years in Ministry... can tell which one I prefer :p

Bean 02-04-2012 10:42 PM

of course the increment in ministry is much much better!!!, some more in FEB2012 got a wage adjustment range from 5%-15%, most people are getting 10%....more...

Unregistered 02-04-2012 11:06 PM

MI for c grade for mx12 is about 3.3 %

elcs78 02-04-2012 11:09 PM

Is there any co-relation with CEP on the MI that we receive???How CEP is derived?During point of interview?Or during appraissal

Unregistered 02-04-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elcs78 (Post 23244)
Is there any co-relation with CEP on the MI that we receive???How CEP is derived?During point of interview?Or during appraissal

sad to say, it is being determined during ur interview. After which job performance may change the CEP. BUT......mainly due to whether ur boss like ur face or not. period.

Unregistered 04-04-2012 12:53 AM

3.3% is on the lower end of the scale. Has this got to do with a low CEP?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23243)
MI for c grade for mx12 is about 3.3 %