Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 29-04-2023 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247148)
About average I would say. I’m 36 with NS mx11a getting 150k pa

Your salary is definitely above average

Unregistered 02-05-2023 03:49 AM

LTA Fresh Grad Pay this year?

Want to know fresh grad engineer for LTA, NS, local FCH how much starting this year? Last year was pretty good and since there’s some salary adjustments this year I wonder if it increased? Also considering Masters at a school better than NUS, does that help with CEP or salary?

Unregistered 02-05-2023 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246675)
Yeah. Just going day by day cuz there are bills and loans to be paid. But no much motivation especially when people tell me it's "good pay" so I should go the extra mile. It's like a) it's not and b) the whole serve X years then eligible to promote rank defeats the purpose, especially when you start with a low salary since you need more years to get a higher amount. Starting to understand why a lot just do the minimum since there's no point.

haha if it helps, i dont think all ministries/SBs operate the same way, and even within minstries/SBs the visibility/culture can vary wildly.

im doing quite well for myself in a certain SB as a fresh grad, so keep your chin up, there are greener pastures :-)

Unregistered 02-05-2023 12:33 PM

Would like to find out a little more about places like MND, URA, BCA. Any idea what MX grade and pay range their Senior Manager, Assistant Director and Senior Assistant Director draw? Been seeing quite a few posting recently. Thanks in advance.

Unregistered 03-05-2023 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247487)
haha if it helps, i dont think all ministries/SBs operate the same way, and even within minstries/SBs the visibility/culture can vary wildly.

im doing quite well for myself in a certain SB as a fresh grad, so keep your chin up, there are greener pastures :-)

Even pay wise? I'm probably already screwed by the low starting salary bruh since everyone offers base off last drawn. If civil service to private might even have a pay cut since the general thinking is the CS overpays for the standard of employee that is produced after years in the system.

Unregistered 03-05-2023 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246546)
Junior pay, senior workload. And bsically there's no promotion until you've served a certain amount of years. Classmates make way more than 4k.

Agreed, MX12 sitting on MX11 role and have yet to get my ingrade promotion.

Probably going to be years to materialise the MX11 designation.

Unregistered 04-05-2023 05:49 AM

Highest paid in Govtech and CSA.

Unregistered 04-05-2023 10:34 AM

eMX13(I) scheme really flaw

it is same as mso 5 grade with tens of dollars different in increments.
Same salary range.
As time goes, your work & responsibilities will exceed those in MSO 5 and comparable to MSO 4 and MSO 3.

But MX12 is your next promotion level , which is considered a manager in the civil service working environment. As a result, you won't be promoted to MX12 even if you are doing work and taking on responsibilities equivalent to MSO 4/3.

Even though your role is similar to MSO 4/3 senior support officer .
It’s flaw as your struck neither here MSO 5 or there as MX12.

Additionally, the PB of B/C+ grade matters little once you've reached your salary range around 4K+. I deeply regret converting to the emx scheme, please don’t make the same mistake."

Unregistered 04-05-2023 11:11 AM

Ya, either stagnant as a staff sergeant or promote to officer. No warrant officer route.

Unregistered 05-05-2023 09:28 PM

can anyone share whats the starting salary for a fresh grad entering NEA as AM in Facilities Management?