Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 01-08-2022 10:53 AM

Any news on increment for LTA?

Unregistered 01-08-2022 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227034)
To be honest, I am not sure if the salary range provided here is accurate or not. For MX11A, its way too low.

Yes it’s accurate. 9700 salary ceiling for a paper pusher lifer is honestly generous. Seriously thinking to jump back to private sector after this 5% nonsense and the gradual loss of market competitive skill sets as time goes by.

Unregistered 01-08-2022 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227037)
Yes it’s accurate. 9700 salary ceiling for a paper pusher lifer is honestly generous. Seriously thinking to jump back to private sector after this 5% nonsense and the gradual loss of market competitive skill sets as time goes by.

MX11A probably lack competitive skills required by the market by now. I think it's a generous sum as well.

Unregistered 01-08-2022 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227036)
Any news on increment for LTA?

so far no news… doubt there will be any increment for LTA staffs sadly sigh

Unregistered 01-08-2022 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227038)
MX11A probably lack competitive skills required by the market by now. I think it's a generous sum as well.

Agree. Which makes it funny how a few posts back some think only mx13(i) and MX11 have no options outside.

Unregistered 01-08-2022 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227039)
so far no news… doubt there will be any increment for LTA staffs sadly sigh

This is so unfair. There should be salary adjustment across the board in Civil Service. I mean inflation impacts everyone and the adjustment should not be scheme-specific or organization-specific. After all, during the pandemic, the whole civil service worked together and made a lot of sacrifices for the sake of Singaporeans' public health. Now that we are in endemic, all the hard works conveniently forgotten.

Unregistered 01-08-2022 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227045)
This is so unfair. There should be salary adjustment across the board in Civil Service. I mean inflation impacts everyone and the adjustment should not be scheme-specific or organization-specific. After all, during the pandemic, the whole civil service worked together and made a lot of sacrifices for the sake of Singaporeans' public health. Now that we are in endemic, all the hard works conveniently forgotten.

LTA is a statutory board. Civil service are officers from ministries and organs of state.

Statutory boards usually have better base salary and benefits than civil service, and can choose whether to follow civil service policy changes or not, not just salary revision.

Unregistered 01-08-2022 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227045)

This just shows that LTA colleague pay is already damn high.. while the rest of the Cs are below market.. u guys should be glad already loh.

Unregistered 01-08-2022 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227043)
Agree. Which makes it funny how a few posts back some think only mx13(i) and MX11 have no options outside.

Not the person who posted the above but if all of you are using competitive as a substitute for how long someone is in Civil Service (which makes their skills more irrelevant by the day), you all do realise you can't take a broad stroke to say MX11a is less competitive because there will always be MX11a who progress much faster and their YOE is fewer than a MX11. In short, if you feel you are shortchanged and can get a better paying job (all else being equal), then by all means make the switch. Only you yourself would know how competitive you truly are.

Unregistered 01-08-2022 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227011)
I hope you are in the civil service with this kind of attitude and mindset, because this "don't think too much, don't complain, don't ask difficult questions, just blindly trust the system, just be appreciative and be thankful with what you are given" is exactly what the civil service needs

/s

If you are a thinking officer, you would probably know that 9% or 10% increase in pay scale is not equivalent to immediate 9% or 10% increment in your pay. It only means it take a few years to reach the peak.