Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 29-11-2021 03:48 PM

Hi. How much can I expect for a manager role in a ministry? 5 years in private, just gotten my degree. Female 27.

Unregistered 29-11-2021 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191880)
Hi. How much can I expect for a manager role in a ministry? 5 years in private, just gotten my degree. Female 27.

depends on your field (e.g. policy, engineering, etc) and if your previous working experience is relevant to your new role. i would say probably a mid 4k. definitely higher than fresh grad a little but for sure lower than peers who had a degree first and later a 5 years working experience.

greenerpastures 30-11-2021 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by from.stat.board (Post 191799)
$2k + letter of appreciation from M for covid hardwork ya.
U have 996?
I have 24/7. More exact- 8-2-7, 8am to following day 2am & everyday like that of there abouts for 6+ mths.
Ops side sucks.

didn't want to share the amount in case it differs across agencies, but i guess it was flat $2k for everyone

damn, is your 827 during covid peak only or normal ops?

Unregistered 30-11-2021 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191884)
depends on your field (e.g. policy, engineering, etc) and if your previous working experience is relevant to your new role. i would say probably a mid 4k. definitely higher than fresh grad a little but for sure lower than peers who had a degree first and later a 5 years working experience.

3k to 3.6k. Experienced it myself first hand.

Unregistered 30-11-2021 05:47 PM

no matter what. never ever join MOM. or ACE for that matter. DON'T WASTE YOUR YOUTH AWAY... there are better divisions out there, and ACE is just not part of it.

they like to say " we are still a young division... " but those who run it, they have years of "experience" running divisions, camps, in service for donkey years. but the excuses they give is always lame.

You be better off working other organisations with lesser excuses than ACE/MOM.

Unregistered 30-11-2021 10:09 PM

If I quit my ministry job after only 5 months, will I be "blacklisted"?

In short, I graduated in May and have been working in a ministry which is notorious for very long working hours and crazy workloads. I knew it would be like this before I applied, but I didn't expect it to be so bad. On average, I log off at 9/10pm.

I'm thinking of joining other govt agencies, where the work-life balance will be better. Would quitting after only 5 months into a new job affect my chances? Thanks!

Unregistered 30-11-2021 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192027)
If I quit my ministry job after only 5 months, will I be "blacklisted"?

In short, I graduated in May and have been working in a ministry which is notorious for very long working hours and crazy workloads. I knew it would be like this before I applied, but I didn't expect it to be so bad. On average, I log off at 9/10pm.

I'm thinking of joining other govt agencies, where the work-life balance will be better. Would quitting after only 5 months into a new job affect my chances? Thanks!

Wonder which ministry is that.. coz 9-10pm is really bad.. what line ur doing, IT?..

Unregistered 01-12-2021 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenerpastures (Post 191725)
speak to your RO when you join. it's possible. the younger you are, the easier i think (don't quote me on this).

the approach would differ based on your RO, your background, the agency, etc. But if I were in an RO's position and a mid-career joiner comes to me expressing their interest, i would try and carve out some increasingly complex tasks for you to handle. you need to demonstrate a certain level of analytical, communication and other soft skills, so this would be a way for you to learn and prove yourself.

of course, this would probably not happen if you just joined the government. moving from private to public takes a bit of adjustment (and vice versa). so if a new joiner tells me this, i would hold off for about 3-6 months to let them adjust first.

This is quite decent sharing. Just want to add on to this point.

As the RO, before I crave something, I would have a sensing in me to know if the new joiner is it capable and is it something that i see the potential and tiny bit on putting my reputation on the line too. As well as other consideration before I will even consider helping this new joiner as their RO.

from.stat.board 01-12-2021 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenerpastures (Post 191931)
didn't want to share the amount in case it differs across agencies, but i guess it was flat $2k for everyone

damn, is your 827 during covid peak only or normal ops?

Covid peak.
Nowadays, I drag stuff, so work is still pretty much piling up.
Night time & weekends still working, most nights anyway.

Low pay. Farmer. Non-scholar. Not on AO or PSLP.
No chance anyway- already in 40s n not selected to be in mgt.
& bosses sure won't recommend.

Unregistered 01-12-2021 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by from.stat.board (Post 192079)
Covid peak.
Nowadays, I drag stuff, so work is still pretty much piling up.
Night time & weekends still working, most nights anyway.

Low pay. Farmer. Non-scholar. Not on AO or PSLP.
No chance anyway- already in 40s n not selected to be in mgt.
& bosses sure won't recommend.

sometimes being a farmer is a blessing, just like me... as long got bonuses, go back on time i'm happy.. cannot think so much, some prefer go back late just to show bosses they are working, but suddenly during promotion the person who go back on time, go lunch 2 hrs got promoted, its about quality of work and showing ur strength when the time is right, not how long u work..