Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 25-06-2020 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139733)
my starting was 3.5.. local U 2nd upper no NS.. joined 2019.

sorry i mean my increment was 11%, slightly less than $400

Wow $400 is quite a good jump for MX13 to MX12! :)

Unregistered 25-06-2020 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139285)
Which stat board? This is important. If you mean 7-8k including your bonuses, conservatively 5-7 years if you start from 4k.

There is a difference in starting salary, but no difference in progression, diff in progresion is between scholars and farmers.

Assuming two MX farmers with same performance, wouldn't the one with FCH progress faster than non-FCH because of different CEP?

Unregistered 25-06-2020 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139781)
Assuming two MX farmers with same performance, wouldn't the one with FCH progress faster than non-FCH because of different CEP?

Yeap can confirm. Public service takes good care of their scholars and FCH

Unregistered 25-06-2020 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139799)
Yeap can confirm. Public service takes good care of their scholars and FCH

I am second lower, does it mean I'm doom? I did promote twice quickly but now I'm worried... :(

Unregistered 25-06-2020 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139802)
I am second lower, does it mean I'm doom? I did promote twice quickly but now I'm worried... :(

As long as there's career progression, still can stay.

It's when your career starts stagnating where'll you need to assess whether there're better options out there.

Unregistered 25-06-2020 05:47 PM

Hey guys, if we move to another SB or ministry, will our remuneration be pegged to our current salary or can we expect +8 to +15% jump similar to most people who change jobs outside?

Unregistered 25-06-2020 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139781)

nope.. FCH does not equate to higher CEP than non-FCH

Unregistered 25-06-2020 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139807)
Hey guys, if we move to another SB or ministry, will our remuneration be pegged to our current salary or can we expect +8 to +15% jump similar to most people who change jobs outside?

depends on whether you move between SB/ministry on movement policy or resign-and-join new scheme (eg from MX to non-MX or vice versa). if movement policy, then salary remains the same. if the latter option, then it depends.

Unregistered 25-06-2020 06:27 PM

To be honest, even if different scheme, most likely they will place you in the similar salary grades across the 2 schemes so the salary can be matched... Unless you are talking about MX being handpicked to join AO...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139810)
depends on whether you move between SB/ministry on movement policy or resign-and-join new scheme (eg from MX to non-MX or vice versa). if movement policy, then salary remains the same. if the latter option, then it depends.

Nope, fat hope! The employer is the same aka "Ah Gong", why should they pay you more? In private sector, job hope can fetch 10-20% increment because firms compete to get talent and the contacts/new business leads/experience/skills which the poached staff might bring along... within PS/CS, I don't think so... most likely when you change job, it will be a different job scope...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139807)

Unregistered 25-06-2020 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139813)
To be honest, even if different scheme, most likely they will place you in the similar salary grades across the 2 schemes so the salary can be matched... Unless you are talking about MX being handpicked to join AO...

Nope, fat hope! The employer is the same aka "Ah Gong", why should they pay you more? In private sector, job hope can fetch 10-20% increment because firms compete to get talent and the contacts/new business leads/experience/skills which the poached staff might bring along... within PS/CS, I don't think so... most likely when you change job, it will be a different job scope...

Thanks for the response. Looks like if solely for the purpose of pay increase, ideally one should hop out to private and back to CS in order not to be bogged down by "starting salary" issues.