Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 26-06-2020 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139923)
Hmm honestly seems like these 2 NUS grads took a longer route thus still at mx11/a in mid-late 30s. Usually freshgrad especially fch reach mx11a in abt 4-5 years.

So will be age 28 or 29 around there.

Er this is not true. I have a FCH colleagues still MX12 at 29yo this year.

Unregistered 26-06-2020 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139955)
is this really true about FCH usually get to mx11a at 28 29?
looking around me, i am the youngest mx10 in my division at 36yr old.

or is the route from mx11a to mx10 a tough one?

i believe its true....at least it happens regularly at my SB? not sure bout others

Unregistered 26-06-2020 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139961)
Er this is not true. I have a FCH colleagues still MX12 at 29yo this year.

I know of people early 40s still stuck at mx12 with degree but not fch

Unregistered 27-06-2020 09:36 AM

Hi!
Could I check if Gross monthly salary includes the 13th month salary and other bonuses (mid year and end of year bonus)?

Unregistered 27-06-2020 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139994)
Hi!
Could I check if Gross monthly salary includes the 13th month salary and other bonuses (mid year and end of year bonus)?

Depends on the context:
-to the taxman, yes
-if you are trying to tell someone (banker or insurance agent) your monthly income to assess affordability, yes
-if you are trying to sell yourself to a new company using annual earnings, yes
-if you ask your employer, no
-if your mother asks, no
-if someone asks what u earn b4 bonus and allowances, no

Must use your discretion

Unregistered 27-06-2020 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139995)
Depends on the context:
-to the taxman, yes
-if you are trying to tell someone (banker or insurance agent) your monthly income to assess affordability, yes
-if you are trying to sell yourself to a new company using annual earnings, yes
-if you ask your employer, no
-if your mother asks, no
-if someone asks what u earn b4 bonus and allowances, no

Must use your discretion

What's the difference between gross monthly salary and basic monthly salary?
I was offered gross monthly salary, so I was wondering if that includes all the bonus (13 month, midyear and end year bonus). Because if Gross monthly salary includes all the bonus that I mentioned above, then it would meant that my monthly salary is lower right?

Unregistered 27-06-2020 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139997)
What's the difference between gross monthly salary and basic monthly salary?
I was offered gross monthly salary, so I was wondering if that includes all the bonus (13 month, midyear and end year bonus). Because if Gross monthly salary includes all the bonus that I mentioned above, then it would meant that my monthly salary is lower right?

Actually there is no way of guessing what the HR is asking you to provide. It's safest to check with her. Just politely ask if by gross they mean all annual income divided by 12 or do they mean your basic+employer contribution?

Unregistered 27-06-2020 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139998)
Actually there is no way of guessing what the HR is asking you to provide. It's safest to check with her. Just politely ask if by gross they mean all annual income divided by 12 or do they mean your basic+employer contribution?

The HR offered me a gross monthly salary.
Thus, I wanted to check if this gross monthly salary includes the amount for the 13th month,midyear and end of year bonus).
Because if Gross monthly salary includes all the bonus, then it would meant that my baoec salary is actually lower

Unregistered 27-06-2020 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140000)
The HR offered me a gross monthly salary.
Thus, I wanted to check if this gross monthly salary includes the amount for the 13th month,midyear and end of year bonus).
Because if Gross monthly salary includes all the bonus, then it would meant that my baoec salary is actually lower

In the civil service, gross monthly salary is the amount you get each month. Technically it consist of your basic salary + variable component, etc. Don't have to worry about the variable component as it's not actually variable. The only time it comes to play is when govt announce pay cut, the variable component will be where they cut from. And I think pension is also based on basic salary but I doubt you are on pension scheme.

Unregistered 27-06-2020 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140052)
In the civil service, gross monthly salary is the amount you get each month. Technically it consist of your basic salary + variable component, etc. Don't have to worry about the variable component as it's not actually variable. The only time it comes to play is when govt announce pay cut, the variable component will be where they cut from. And I think pension is also based on basic salary but I doubt you are on pension scheme.

Pension not only based on basic salary, but also all others pensionable emoluments.