Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 06-06-2022 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220590)
Also. any guesses on who's going to be the Chief Public Defender.

Ravi or CY?

Unregistered 06-06-2022 07:52 PM

s://.elitigation.sg/gd/s/2022_SGHC_133

Will Luo Ling Ling post an update on LinkedIn?

Unregistered 06-06-2022 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220668)

The Leon Tay decision is out: s://.elitigation.sg/gd/s/2022_SGHC_133

I am completely surprised and disgusted by the initial attempts by his legal team to paint this guy as a "smart boy" that largely sandpapered over the many concerns identified by the Court in the decision. That unfortunate PR exercise is found here: s://wakeup.sg/cheating-trainees/

Unregistered 06-06-2022 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220668)

Waste of precious judicial resources to deal with these losers with no integrity.

A summary dismissal of their applications should be all that's necessary. It's not like there's a shortage of lawyers at the NQ level anyway.

Unregistered 06-06-2022 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220671)

I am completely surprised and disgusted by the initial attempts by his legal team to paint this guy as a "smart boy" that largely sandpapered over the many concerns identified by the Court in the decision. That unfortunate PR exercise is found here: s://wakeup.sg/cheating-trainees/

Everyone makes mistakes. You should also consider your statements in context - it was clear that AGC took an unnecessarily harsh approach due to the public backlash, and also that all the 11 applicants would not have made the application if they had known of the potential consequences. To be honest, I don't think this Applicant cheated to score well, and it was clear he had a medical condition already as mentioned in the GD.

Imo, the most constructive way to avoid this whole situation was for SILE to just ban them for taking the exams for 5 years. Objectively, the resulting media backlash for all parties became a shitshow for the all parties involved, including the judiciary and the profession.

This whole incident already does not look good on our profession as a whole, just move on and stop posting nasty comments. Let people move on.

Unregistered 06-06-2022 09:25 PM

Quote:

The PR exercise does not hide or deny that he made a mistake anyway. It was a bad mistake. The lying part, no doubt he should not have done it. But honestly, how much was he supposed to disclose, and to whom? This is not very clear (even to me) since there is no precedent for such a situation. He is at fault for sure but given SILE had already cleared him and the 11, it was somewhat understandable why they thought everything was fine for the admission application.

I don't think the facts were even explored for the other earlier 6 cases, and the judge has gone into quite a bit of detail in his case to clarify it for the public. This certainly raises many concerns but I don't see anything particularly new which was not known earlier to everyone.

Unregistered 07-06-2022 02:19 AM

Quote:

CJ put to rest any concerns about how much "good" is there in him. This guy's actions are recorded and there for everyone to see

Unregistered 07-06-2022 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220718)
CJ put to rest any concerns about how much "good" is there in him. This guy's actions are recorded and there for everyone to see

Well tsmp gave him a second chance. Lets be nice

Unregistered 07-06-2022 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220741)

That's the wrong guy la dude.

Unregistered 07-06-2022 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220741)

Wrong guy, they're not even from the same batch