Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 07-06-2022 06:11 PM

TC Applications

Hi everyone, I am applying for my TC soon in a couple of months. Besides the Big 4 and International Firms, which other firms are recommended for good mentorship and work balance? Am a average student here from a local school.

Unregistered 07-06-2022 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220797)
Hi everyone, I am applying for my TC soon in a couple of months. Besides the Big 4 and International Firms, which other firms are recommended for good mentorship and work balance? Am a average student here from a local school.

TSMP. They pay the best and their Joint Managing Partner boasts about giving “damn good” fellatio.

Unregistered 07-06-2022 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220797)

I suggest SLB. Good work-life balance if you are with the right team

Unregistered 07-06-2022 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220801)
I suggest SLB. Good work-life balance if you are with the right team

SLB, heard good things about them. If you stick with them all the way from trainee or NQ, good chance for early promotion. They make up junior partners very early on. Around 5 or 6pqe, one of the fastest among most bigger firms.

What's the pay for an SLB junior partner?

Unregistered 07-06-2022 07:07 PM

I've heard low-mid 10s depending on PQE and performance. More people verify pls?

Unregistered 07-06-2022 07:44 PM

Till date there is no conclusive proof that the 11 cheated. All SILE had on them were similar answers, which is easily explained when answers are copied and pasted from notes shared around.

Unregistered 07-06-2022 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220812)
I've heard low-mid 10s depending on PQE and performance. More people verify pls?

I had a friend who was about 6 PQE at SLB, was about 12-13k thereabouts. But that was a year plus ago, given higher pay scales now that could be slightly higher.

Unregistered 07-06-2022 09:45 PM

Thoughts on joining small litigation boutiques setup by experienced / ex Big 4 partners?

E.g. Breakpoint, Rev Law, LVM, FC Legal?

Or is it better to practice in Big 4 liti?

Unregistered 07-06-2022 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220837)
Thoughts on joining small litigation boutiques setup by experienced / ex Big 4 partners?

Big 4 definitely gives you exposure to bigger cases. But maybe smaller firms give better hands-on. A mix of both is preferable - maybe start off with Big 4 first for more options.

Unregistered 08-06-2022 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220837)

Depends on how much work life balance and what kind of a boss you want. Mr LVM’s practice is a very nurturing one, from what I have heard.