Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil/Public Sector - Ministry/Stat Boards employees knowledge needed! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4955-civil-public-sector-ministry-stat-boards-employees-knowledge-needed.html)

zero_88 19-03-2016 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81380)
You can skip applying to the entire civil service.

fresh grad apply for diploma job also cannot?

at least give chance mah:(:(

Unregistered 20-03-2016 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81431)
Quote for truth. Too many applicants with better results applying. Your chance of being shortlisted is as good as nil, unless you have some unique work experience, skills or attributes that the hiring manager is looking for. My 2 cents.

1 option he can go is be a teacher... its a good dumping ground.

zero_88 21-03-2016 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81686)
1 option he can go is be a teacher... its a good dumping ground.

I have interest in teaching

how abt army? no education can work there?

Gouremitch 21-03-2016 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81465)
it was ard 3.7-3.8 for both fch and second upper w/ ns 2 years ago, but their bonus tend to be higher than normal mx scheme.

Agreed. MAS tends to pay better than the ministries. The best might be GIC. That might be worth a shot

Candidus 21-03-2016 01:05 PM

What do you guys think about a dip holder entering into a stat board? As I wanna enter the stat board that deals with the landscape and greenery of our city.

I took a different diploma back in my poly days and I do not want to waste time taking the landscape diploma again. My other option is to go overseas for a degree course but that would requires a sum of money. Thus, I decided to work first. Currently I am working in a private company but the pay is relatively low because I'm starting from scratch. I was intending to go into public sector as I understand the pay will be much higher and the incentives are better. I got an interview just awhile ago and currently waiting (praying) for a 2nd interview. If I got through, that would be great.

But what are some of the thoughts of a dip holder entering the public sector? Competition and more competition?

Unregistered 21-03-2016 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candidus (Post 81773)
What do you guys think about a dip holder entering into a stat board? As I wanna enter the stat board that deals with the landscape and greenery of our city.

I took a different diploma back in my poly days and I do not want to waste time taking the landscape diploma again. My other option is to go overseas for a degree course but that would requires a sum of money. Thus, I decided to work first. Currently I am working in a private company but the pay is relatively low because I'm starting from scratch. I was intending to go into public sector as I understand the pay will be much higher and the incentives are better. I got an interview just awhile ago and currently waiting (praying) for a 2nd interview. If I got through, that would be great.

But what are some of the thoughts of a dip holder entering the public sector? Competition and more competition?

may i know which position u applied for? manager or AD? how much did u ask for?

Unregistered 21-03-2016 01:56 PM

I think when you receive the offer, you'd pray they didn't offer you. Continue studying.

Quote:

Candidus 21-03-2016 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 81778)
may i know which position u applied for? manager or AD? how much did u ask for?

That's a bit far fetched.. I just applied for an officer job. I didn't ask since it was only the first interview. But the HR did mentioned that the starting pay would be 1.9 - 2k for dip holders.

Gouremitch 22-03-2016 07:42 AM

Quote:

Given your academic qualifications, I take it that you applied for a management support officer scheme?

Candidus 22-03-2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gouremitch (Post 81858)
Given your academic qualifications, I take it that you applied for a management support officer scheme?

I believe that is.

Unregistered 22-03-2016 01:00 PM

Boss in cs got promoted to MX9 after a hiatus of at least 7 yesrs(coz before that I wasn't working in the ministry yet). Reached ceiling at MX10. Anyone care to share what's the increment to grade 9? Say GE is a b-grader

Unregistered 22-03-2016 01:01 PM

He is a B-grader. He is 55 and probably thats his CEP.

Unregistered 28-03-2016 08:34 AM

How much more is a fresh graduate with ns paid more than female in civil service?

Unregistered 31-03-2016 02:24 PM

How much can SMU fresh grad with merit (no ns) earned in civil service?

RC123 03-04-2016 10:24 PM

Does anyone know how can one as a diploma holder in CS upgrade his or her scheme and grade? Meaning from mso/tso to maybe mx. Thanks.

Unregistered 28-04-2016 11:12 AM

does anyone know any C- grader getting zero performance bonus?

Unregistered 28-04-2016 11:14 AM

What is MXO-14 salary range for Poly graduate just ORD in NS in civil service?

michelle 28-04-2016 07:46 PM

Hiring Decision

Hi all :)

Currently, MSF keep telling me they are pending some information before they can get back to me whether to provide me a verbal offer. I have already done the medical check-up, and there is no problems. It's been 1 month plus, and they still ask me to wait another 2 weeks.

Anyone got any idea, what info are they pending? why is the process taking so long?

Thanks =.=
Michelle

Unregistered 30-04-2016 12:43 AM

we won't know what isd is checking.. probably the level of clearance.. like cat 2/2a can be done like 1-2 weeks.. mine was a cat 1 and it has been close to 3 months.. still no news.. only people working in isd will know why they need so long to clear a person..

Unregistered 06-05-2016 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84604)
What is MXO-14 salary range for Poly graduate just ORD in NS in civil service?

2.2K to 2.5K

Unregistered 06-05-2016 05:43 PM

Anyone know what is the salary scale for DXO?

DXO 9 - $XXXX to $XXXX
DXO 10 -
DXO 11 -
DXO 12 -
DXO 13 -
DXO 14 -
DXO 15 -

Unregistered 07-05-2016 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 85113)
2.2K to 2.5K

With zero exp they will give u the starting range which is 2100-2200.. unless u have exp than can dream start pay straight 2500..

Unregistered 10-05-2016 11:31 PM

Latest info....
Typically 4~6 mth bonus every year...

Unregistered 13-05-2016 06:01 PM

How long does pre-employment medical checkup results take to reach future employer?

Mine was done at Raffles medical

Unregistered 14-05-2016 10:36 PM

Anyone from home team.. understand most of the home team hit tier 2 for our KPI.. how much are we getting and when?, anyone remember?, i know its a few hundred dollars as reward for hitting the KPI

Unregistered 16-05-2016 06:00 PM

Is it all jobs in public service a contract basis? Can contact MP for help?

Unregistered 18-05-2016 01:32 PM

is it very hard to get jobs in CS?

Unregistered 19-05-2016 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 85615)

Yes they usually start off as contract, and no your MP won't entertain you.

It isnt hard to enter CS if one lowers his expectations although it is a little harder in this current job market as compared to the past

Unregistered 19-05-2016 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 85615)

Typical singaporean mentality everything want govt to help.
Grow a spine and find a job on your own.

Unregistered 20-05-2016 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 85506)
How long does pre-employment medical checkup results take to reach future employer?

Mine was done at Raffles medical

few days ur hr will know result. the GP will also tell u on the spot if he will declare you fit for work or not.

Unregistered 21-05-2016 11:48 AM

Hdb accountant

Anyone knows how is the workload and working culture for an accountant at hdb? OT required? Thanks

lostinlife365 21-05-2016 12:33 PM

Are IT jobs in public sector mostly about procurement, outsourcing, vendor management, presenting ideas/projects to stakeholders during visits and public outreach/education?

If I am looking at doing IT jobs doing implementation, should I be looking at private sector vendors instead?

Unregistered 25-05-2016 04:04 PM

With regard to workload and working hours, comparing ministry to statutory board, which is usually worse?

Unregistered 09-06-2016 09:03 PM

Mfa

Hi, may I know whats the starting pay for a FSO (functional/corporate track) for a 2nd upper class hons? Non-govt scholar. And how is the working culture like, as well as the promotion prospects?

splitfirz 11-06-2016 12:44 PM

Hi, what's the starting pay and career progression like for Spring Singapore?
Also, do they differentiate betwwen first class and second upper? Thanks in advance!

Unregistered 11-06-2016 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splitfirz (Post 86975)
hi, what's the starting pay and career progression like for spring singapore?
Also, do they differentiate betwwen first class and second upper? Thanks in advance!

fch @ 4750, 2:1 @ 4550

Unregistered 11-06-2016 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86985)

Wow so much?

Unregistered 12-06-2016 11:32 PM

Would anyone share their experience in jumping from stat board to ministry? It is tough? and any other things that I need to take note of?

Unregistered 13-06-2016 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86985)

Is this accurate? Heard otherwise.

Unregistered 14-06-2016 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87035)
Is this accurate? Heard otherwise.

Troll spotted. That's insanely high