Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Standard Chartered International Graduate Program 2015 (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4553-standard-chartered-international-graduate-program-2015-a.html)

Unregistered 23-01-2022 03:19 PM

hello guys. i applied to scb ccib grad prog and passed pymetrics and VBA. however, i have not heard back since. is the slot filled?

Unregistered 23-01-2022 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199045)
hello guys. i applied to scb ccib grad prog and passed pymetrics and VBA. however, i have not heard back since. is the slot filled?

When did u apply?

I applied for a grad programme 2-weeks ago and I passed the Pymetric Quiz AND Behavioural Tests too.
Subsequently I was invited for a Pymetric INTERVIEW a week later which I completed it on Tuesday 18/01/2022.

So far no response yet. But I am not very positive about my application since I graduated with a highly irrelevant degree - an Arts/Design Bachelor's Degree.

Good luck to you! I will update my progress here (regardless of outcome) so next few batches of applicants can take reference to my progression too :)

Unregistered 23-01-2022 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199075)
When did u apply?

I applied for a grad programme 2-weeks ago and I passed the Pymetric Quiz AND Behavioural Tests too.
Subsequently I was invited for a Pymetric INTERVIEW a week later which I completed it on Tuesday 18/01/2022.

So far no response yet. But I am not very positive about my application since I graduated with a highly irrelevant degree - an Arts/Design Bachelor's Degree.

Good luck to you! I will update my progress here (regardless of outcome) so next few batches of applicants can take reference to my progression too :)

i applied about a week ago. what is the pymetric interview that you're talking about? looks like i haven't got offered that.

Unregistered 24-01-2022 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199076)
i applied about a week ago. what is the pymetric interview that you're talking about? looks like i haven't got offered that.

After completing ur Behavioural Tests, did u receive a SHORTLISTED email? That Shortlisted Email is the confirmation email to ur Pymetric Interview and they will subsequently send u instructions on that.

Unregistered 24-01-2022 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199075)
When did u apply?

do u have more than 1 attempt for each video interview qn?

Unregistered 26-01-2022 03:22 PM

Hi all,

Just wanted to drop an update here since I did rely on this thread for some insights here and there throughout my journey.

Background: Non-business/finance/econs background, graduated 2021, currently in a traineeship and was hunting for roles that were specific to my interest. SC's grad program had a department that happened to fit the bill and hence I applied, not so much because it's the B&F sector. Was aiming for companies outside of B&F actually.

Applied in mid-Nov, got my Pymetrics assessment immediately after. A few days later, it was followed up with the Valued Behaviours Assessment, and a day later it was HireVue. Completed that and it was radio silence until Dec, when HR emailed me to confirm if I was a Singaporean and do not need visa support.

Received invitation for AC in early Jan and went through it, got my offer a few days later. Overall I would say the wait isn't actually too bad.

Hope this timeline helps some of you. I really do think it's not so much about what you studied, but more of your interest and of course how much homework you have done about the department and their work that you applied for.

Unregistered 26-01-2022 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199284)
do u have more than 1 attempt for each video interview qn?

No, one attempt only unless you are having technical difficulties.

Unregistered 26-01-2022 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199698)
Hi all,

Just wanted to drop an update here since I did rely on this thread for some insights here and there throughout my journey.

Background: Non-business/finance/econs background, graduated 2021, currently in a traineeship and was hunting for roles that were specific to my interest. SC's grad program had a department that happened to fit the bill and hence I applied, not so much because it's the B&F sector. Was aiming for companies outside of B&F actually.

Applied in mid-Nov, got my Pymetrics assessment immediately after. A few days later, it was followed up with the Valued Behaviours Assessment, and a day later it was HireVue. Completed that and it was radio silence until Dec, when HR emailed me to confirm if I was a Singaporean and do not need visa support.

Received invitation for AC in early Jan and went through it, got my offer a few days later. Overall I would say the wait isn't actually too bad.

Hope this timeline helps some of you. I really do think it's not so much about what you studied, but more of your interest and of course how much homework you have done about the department and their work that you applied for.

Hey which division is this for? Is your HR Winson?

Unregistered 28-01-2022 11:52 AM

Quote:

Hi all,

This is very helpful. Thank you.

I had my Valued Behaviours Assessment last Friday and until now, I don't receive any update from them. The last email I received after the exam said that my application is under review and a member of the Resourcing team will be in touch shortly to let me know the next steps. The subject of the email was 'Culture Fit Assessment".

Hope they would update me after CNY.

Unregistered 28-01-2022 05:11 PM

Quote:

Hi all,

How many days was that before you heard back from HR after your AC?

Unregistered 28-01-2022 06:05 PM

Quote:

Hi all,

I believe i am in a similar position, applied in november too. It was fast until the HireVue, but since them not update. Received the email request for extra info, the usually questions, same as OP. But since then so reply hahaha

Unregistered 29-01-2022 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199704)
Hey which division is this for? Is your HR Winson?

Yes my HR is Winson. Not sure if he's in charge of more than one division but I am guessing so. Will avoid sharing my division cos' I think it's quite easy to pinpoint my identity if so but I think it's safe to say ACs are already being organised and offers are being handed out on a rolling basis.

Unregistered 29-01-2022 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200029)
This is very helpful. Thank you.

I had my Valued Behaviours Assessment last Friday and until now, I don't receive any update from them. The last email I received after the exam said that my application is under review and a member of the Resourcing team will be in touch shortly to let me know the next steps. The subject of the email was 'Culture Fit Assessment".

Hope they would update me after CNY.

Hmm I got my HireVue invitation pretty quick after Valued Behaviours Assessment - I almost thought it was automatically triggered if your response is overall acceptable. Do hang in there! :)

Unregistered 29-01-2022 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200102)
How many days was that before you heard back from HR after your AC?

2-3 days among those whom I know got offers after AC.

Unregistered 29-01-2022 03:16 PM

I have a similar story as of one of the posts here.

Applied for client coverage program in Nov. Until the HireVue, it was very quick. However, no news after that until 19th Jan when I received an email requesting infor on the right to work in sg.

Since then no reply.

Anyways, has anyone got an offer and is willing to share how much are they offering in their grad program? Also, more info on the client coverage department will be much appreciated.

-engineering Undergrad

Unregistered 29-01-2022 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200263)

Applied for client coverage program in Nov. Until the HireVue, it was very quick. However, no news after that until 19th Jan when I received an email requesting infor on the right to work in sg.

Since then no reply.

Anyways, has anyone got an offer and is willing to share how much are they offering in their grad program? Also, more info on the client coverage department will be much appreciated.

-engineering Undergrad

offers are out, atleast based on s://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TSJBRB3Hd5m0fXCjy52mwbRKmAo2R6ueb46VHJ-8WC8/edit#gid=628930593

Unregistered 29-01-2022 05:36 PM

Quote:

Since then no reply.

-engineering Undergrad

I heard that CCIB and FM will get 5.8k as base salary while other divisions get 5.2k base. And they give $300 as an allowance for insurance, which if not used, will be converted to cash. So effectively the monthly pay would either be 6.1k or 5.5k, depending on your division. bonus is abt 1.8 months max

Unregistered 29-01-2022 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200290)
I heard that CCIB and FM will get 5.8k as base salary while other divisions get 5.2k base. And they give $300 as an allowance for insurance, which if not used, will be converted to cash. So effectively the monthly pay would either be 6.1k or 5.5k, depending on your division. bonus is abt 1.8 months max

That’s very detailed and helpfull! Thanks maye.

Unregistered 29-01-2022 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200290)

Can verify that this is true!

Unregistered 29-01-2022 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200302)
Can verify that this is true!

1.8 months even for FM?

Unregistered 29-01-2022 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200309)
1.8 months even for FM?

Yes, in the FM contract its 70k annual base and 10k target bonus. Also, not a guaranteed spot after rotation, many people from FM International Graduate programme found better opportunities halfway and got out.

Unregistered 29-01-2022 09:19 PM

Quote:

Since then no reply.

-engineering Undergrad

Base:
5.8k for IB and FM
5.2k for the rest

Did you do the hirevue in November by the way?

Unregistered 29-01-2022 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200312)
Base:
5.8k for IB and FM
5.2k for the rest

i did it on 15 Nov. I also applied for FM. But the recent email that i got on 19th was for CCIB.

Unregistered 29-01-2022 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200312)
Base:
5.8k for IB and FM
5.2k for the rest

Btw just to check, CCIB having commercial, corporate and IB…. Only IB is getting 5.8?

Unregistered 29-01-2022 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200323)
Btw just to check, CCIB having commercial, corporate and IB…. Only IB is getting 5.8?

Nope, all are 5.8, as long as you are in CCIB

Unregistered 30-01-2022 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200327)
Nope, all are 5.8, as long as you are in CCIB

sounds shittyyyy

Unregistered 30-01-2022 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200311)
Yes, in the FM contract its 70k annual base and 10k target bonus. Also, not a guaranteed spot after rotation, many people from FM International Graduate programme found better opportunities halfway and got out.

can confirm this is true, went to see on linkedin.

Unregistered 30-01-2022 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200351)
sounds shittyyyy

Only shitty if you want to do investment banking. if you wanna do IB then try to go BB, but if you can't and stanchart is all you can get, then no choice but to suck it up. Lateral in the future to a BB if possible, or jump to a PE/HF. Many IB analysts in SC have done that, so its definitely possible. if you want to do commercial/corporate banking, 5.8k is very good alr, relative to what other banks will pay u

Unregistered 30-01-2022 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200380)
Only shitty if you want to do investment banking. if you wanna do IB then try to go BB, but if you can't and stanchart is all you can get, then no choice but to suck it up. Lateral in the future to a BB if possible, or jump to a PE/HF. Many IB analysts in SC have done that, so its definitely possible. if you want to do commercial/corporate banking, 5.8k is very good alr, relative to what other banks will pay u

This is very true. No chance of getting into BB for me as an eng grad with no interns exp in B&F while competing with someone that has 3 with 1 year LOA. If SC offers me I will gladly take it to break in.

So for someone saying it's shitty. Well, unless u have an offer for BB, just shut up. And also If u have an offer from BB, you won't be wasting time on SC forum, So do shut up.

Unregistered 30-01-2022 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200403)
This is very true. No chance of getting into BB for me as an eng grad with no interns exp in B&F while competing with someone that has 3 with 1 year LOA. If SC offers me I will gladly take it to break in.

So for someone saying it's shitty. Well, unless u have an offer for BB, just shut up. And also If u have an offer from BB, you won't be wasting time on SC forum, So do shut up.

Agreed... regardless of division, we all start have to start somewhere and raking in more than 5K monthly is a lot as compared to a regular graduate already.

Unregistered 30-01-2022 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200423)
Agreed... regardless of division, we all start have to start somewhere and raking in more than 5K monthly is a lot as compared to a regular graduate already.

still sound city

Unregistered 30-01-2022 09:47 PM

anyone applied for DCDA? may i know which round are you at?

Unregistered 30-01-2022 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200403)

there's no need to be rude asking people to shut up

all the best

Unregistered 30-01-2022 10:01 PM

Many are aware of how StandChart pays their fresh grads... read it on the high finance thread as well.

It is indeed shitty compared to others in the same position in BBs, but its still better than local banks pay, so congrats to all who got offered! :)

Unregistered 30-01-2022 11:28 PM

Is StanChart FO bonuses really 1-2months even for markets/ib?

Unregistered 30-01-2022 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200539)
Is StanChart FO bonuses really 1-2months even for markets/ib?

Yes for markets in the contract it writes target bonus 10.5k, not sure for IB

Unregistered 31-01-2022 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200541)
Yes for markets in the contract it writes target bonus 10.5k, not sure for IB

Same for IB. But once you are out of the IG programme, then the bonus is not gna be capped at 1.8mnths
(this is true for all divisions) anymore. For CCIB, the bonus can become anywhere from 2-6mnths, or more if its a really good year.

Unregistered 31-01-2022 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200511)
anyone applied for DCDA? may i know which round are you at?

Have you had your AC?

Unregistered 31-01-2022 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200570)
Have you had your AC?

nope. may i know when did u have your AC?

Unregistered 31-01-2022 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200574)
nope. may i know when did u have your AC?

Two weeks ago but still no news from HR yet