Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Standard Chartered International Graduate Program 2015 (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4553-standard-chartered-international-graduate-program-2015-a.html)

Unregistered 01-01-2022 03:14 PM

I'm seeing job posts from SCB stating that pay range for 4 year experience Associate Director starts from 7.5-8k. Is this an accurate figure?

Unregistered 01-01-2022 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196061)
Nah. Started working FT in july but looking to move, hence only looking now. SC offers really all out? If so I wouldn’t bother with the tests.

I can confirm FM and WM offers are out. Not sure about those other fluffy divs like SC Ventures or DCDA etc.

Unregistered 02-01-2022 02:26 PM

when were offers out?

Unregistered 03-01-2022 11:36 AM

Offers out already meh? When did you receive?

Unregistered 03-01-2022 10:56 PM

anyone applied for DCDA? i haven't heard back after pymetrics

Unregistered 03-01-2022 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196266)
anyone applied for DCDA? i haven't heard back after pymetrics

When did you apply?

Unregistered 04-01-2022 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196269)
When did you apply?

October 2021. Have you received anything after pymetrics?

Unregistered 04-01-2022 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196043)
SC is almost as crappy as local bank. what do u expect

the salt is real

Unregistered 04-01-2022 04:32 PM

Has anyone actually receive offers? Is recruiting still ongoing for fresh grads?

Unregistered 05-01-2022 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196353)
Has anyone actually receive offers? Is recruiting still ongoing for fresh grads?

Have not heard back too

Unregistered 05-01-2022 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196458)
Have not heard back too

What div did you apply for?

Unregistered 09-01-2022 02:55 PM

Anyone applied for CCIB or DCDA? May I know what stage are you at currently?

Unregistered 10-01-2022 10:24 PM

s://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TSJBRB3Hd5m0fXCjy52mwbRKmAo2R6ueb46VHJ-8WC8/edit#gid=628930593

status update here

Unregistered 11-01-2022 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197123)
s://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TSJBRB3Hd5m0fXCjy52mwbRKmAo2R6ueb46VHJ-8WC8/edit#gid=628930593

status update here

no one even updates lol

Unregistered 11-01-2022 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197166)
no one even updates lol

all selfish sinkies

Unregistered 11-01-2022 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196975)
Anyone applied for CCIB or DCDA? May I know what stage are you at currently?

Me! I applied for SC Ventures and CCIB but yet to receive any update after the virtual interview.

Unregistered 14-01-2022 11:32 PM

Hi,

I just applied like yesterday.

Completed the Pymetric Quiz AND Behavioural Test. Was sent an email saying I am shortlisted.

What does this mean? What will be the next stage?

Unregistered 16-01-2022 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197684)
Hi,

I just applied like yesterday.

Completed the Pymetric Quiz AND Behavioural Test. Was sent an email saying I am shortlisted.

What does this mean? What will be the next stage?

It says u are shortlisted for what? the automated video interview stage or the virtual interview stage with hiring managers?

Unregistered 16-01-2022 12:57 AM

Would anyone take CCIB/FM role for 5.8k? (bonus 2-3months) I understand that the same job at other banks pay probably double what SC is offering.

I'm thinking if applying for other divisions for a 5.2k pay which is similar might be better.

Anyone in the IG programme now willing to share their experience? Thank you.

Unregistered 16-01-2022 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196070)
I'm seeing job posts from SCB stating that pay range for 4 year experience Associate Director starts from 7.5-8k. Is this an accurate figure?

not sure about Assoc Director but IG pays 5.2-5.8k depending on division so gauge from there accordingly

Unregistered 16-01-2022 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197829)
It says u are shortlisted for what? the automated video interview stage or the virtual interview stage with hiring managers?

It literally says this AFTER I took the Pymetrics AND Behavioural Tests:

"Hi XXX,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Valued Behaviours Assessment for the 2022 – Graduate Singapore role.

Your assessment outcome? We’re delighted to confirm that you’ve been shortlisted to progress to the next stage in our process!

What happens next? You’ll receive an email outlining the next steps of the process. If you don’t hear from us within 5 days, please contact us..."

Unregistered 16-01-2022 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197829)

After doing the Pymetric Quiz and Behavioural Test, I was sent the following email immediately,

"Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Valued Behaviours Assessment for the 2022 – Graduate Singapore role.

Your assessment outcome? We’re delighted to confirm that you’ve been shortlisted to progress to the next stage in our process!

What happens next? You’ll receive an email outlining the next steps of the process. If you don’t hear from us within 5 days, please contact us..."

Unregistered 17-01-2022 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197929)
After doing the Pymetric Quiz and Behavioural Test, I was sent the following email immediately,

"Hi,

Oh, you're shortlisted for the video interview stage (like Hirevue automated questions)

Unregistered 17-01-2022 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197836)
Would anyone take CCIB/FM role for 5.8k? (bonus 2-3months) I understand that the same job at other banks pay probably double what SC is offering.

I'm thinking if applying for other divisions for a 5.2k pay which is similar might be better.

Yes the bank lowballs, but no other offers also no choice have to accept.

From what I know, many people in the IG programmes are constantly on the lookout and applying out as well. (Can source on LinkedIn to see people who left within 2 years, there are many. Heard that in some divisions it's hard to secure a team or desk due to lack of headcount for permanent staffing.) IG undergoes rotations so you're essentially being an intern again during each rotation hoping to get a permanent spot on the team. So if this is your only offer, you can do the same ----- just use this as a temp job while sourcing for a better offer. Best of luck!

Unregistered 17-01-2022 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197836)

the prog don't guarantee you a permanent spot after completion. i hav seniors who were in the prog previously but left. they told me to get a job elsewhere that's permanent and more secured.

Unregistered 17-01-2022 02:11 AM

SC pays decent for graduate positions but beware that you have to fight for a spot in the teams that you have rotated to. Failure to do so will result in you being terminated after the end of your rotations.

Unregistered 17-01-2022 02:26 AM

The pay is 5.8k for IB/markets and 5.2k for others, decent or not would be subjective based on whether you're comparing to local or international banks I guess.

BNP Paribas is more similar in size and clientele groups to SC than local banks, and their markets is around 7.5k. Local bank pays 4+k for their MAPs.

Unregistered 17-01-2022 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198000)
Oh, you're shortlisted for the video interview stage (like Hirevue automated questions)

omg! How far am I still from the programme acceptance?
Is the Video Interview Stage difficult?

Unregistered 17-01-2022 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198025)
omg! How far am I still from the programme acceptance?
Is the Video Interview Stage difficult?

The video interview stage is alright, just like any other hirevue by other banks. (Asking about your past experience or giving them examples of a time where you ...... etc)

Think after this stage is the hiring manager interview stages already, then offer. But HR seems to be very inefficient, so it'll probably take awhile.

Unregistered 17-01-2022 11:53 PM

anyone heard back after video interview for client coverage?

Unregistered 18-01-2022 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198177)
The video interview stage is alright, just like any other hirevue by other banks. (Asking about your past experience or giving them examples of a time where you ...... etc)

Think after this stage is the hiring manager interview stages already, then offer. But HR seems to be very inefficient, so it'll probably take awhile.

Hmmm… I am a fresh grad with no relevant degree (from design background), and I had never worked in a Bank before… I wonder how did u even get to the Hirevue Interview stage.

I am really not sure how to remain optimistic when odds are against me now haha.

Kind of suspect I might just be “eliminated” after the Hirevue Interview stage…

Unregistered 18-01-2022 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198185)
Hmmm… I am a fresh grad with no relevant degree (from design background), and I had never worked in a Bank before… I wonder how did u even get to the Hirevue Interview stage.

I am really not sure how to remain optimistic when odds are against me now haha.

Kind of suspect I might just be “eliminated” after the Hirevue Interview stage…

I think the online assessments are all automatic, meaning if you meet a certain benchmark you'll automatically progress till the next stage.

Just be confident when doing the video interview and try your best. Good luck!

Unregistered 18-01-2022 03:03 PM

Product Development Manager

Anybody in the product develop manager role? Able to share any insights on this?

I was offered this role and understand that it involves telesales of priority banking accounts, but want to understand more before i jump into it.

Commission structure, work output required, etc?

Thanks!

Unregistered 18-01-2022 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198177)

I did receive an email last year saying cuz of holiday season, there will be a delay in the process

Unregistered 18-01-2022 03:50 PM

standard chartered is really slow at hiring this year

Unregistered 18-01-2022 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198186)
I think the online assessments are all automatic, meaning if you meet a certain benchmark you'll automatically progress till the next stage.

Just be confident when doing the video interview and try your best. Good luck!

Thank you!

Would also like to know, do u guys know anyone that graduated from a Non-Business or Engineering Degree but works in the Bank too?

I am absolutely nervous because it seems like I am the only one with Design-Background (with a quick search on LinkedIn)...

Unregistered 18-01-2022 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198274)
Thank you!

Would also like to know, do u guys know anyone that graduated from a Non-Business or Engineering Degree but works in the Bank too?

I am absolutely nervous because it seems like I am the only one with Design-Background (with a quick search on LinkedIn)...

There are definitely people who graduated from a non-business or engineering degree but works in the the bank. You shouldn't be nervous that you are from a non-conventional background since your background could also benefit the teams you work in, by bringing different skillsets or perspectives to the table. And anyway, finance/banking knowledge is really not that difficult to pick up at all. As long as you have the right attitude and put in the time and effort to close your knowledge gap, you will be fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

Unregistered 18-01-2022 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196070)

yes thereabouts

Unregistered 18-01-2022 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198002)
Yes the bank lowballs, but no other offers also no choice have to accept.

From what I know, many people in the IG programmes are constantly on the lookout and applying out as well. (Can source on LinkedIn to see people who left within 2 years, there are many. Heard that in some divisions it's hard to secure a team or desk due to lack of headcount for permanent staffing.) IG undergoes rotations so you're essentially being an intern again during each rotation hoping to get a permanent spot on the team. So if this is your only offer, you can do the same ----- just use this as a temp job while sourcing for a better offer. Best of luck!

Agreed, but it is in particular for FM. The other divisions don't face such a problem.

Unregistered 18-01-2022 08:29 PM

actually, coming from a non-business background puts u in an advantage. banks are all about diversity nowadays