Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Ex-MOE Teachers (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3908-ex-ministry-education-singapore-teachers.html)

Unregistered 04-08-2023 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253328)
Hi, thank you for your reply!

I'm actually just looking to get the 13th month bonus only. I don't think I will be staying for the PB. I was also thinking if I were to tender on 13th November, and fulfil my one month notice period till 13th December, will I then be considered for the 13th month? Because I'm not quite sure if HR will consider my notice period as it also cuts into the school holidays. By contract, I would have fulfilled the obligation to provide a one-month notice, hence, I was wondering if this may work? Although it seems that, it might be better for me to get the 13th month first, then I tender which is suggested by you. Thank you.

and just be more kiasi
wait till the money is credited into the account then u tender
if your tender date is in between/before the actual crediting of the 13th month bonus, not sure if they can claw back the bonus payout

--> there was a reported civil court case not long ago where the staff's bonus (+ cpf) was claw back after he tender his resignation just days before the bonus payment was credited into his bank account.

Unregistered 04-08-2023 10:02 PM

Just put your last day of svc 31 dec can alr.

Unregistered 06-08-2023 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253397)
Just put your last day of svc 31 dec can alr.

Hi, thank you for your suggestion!

I was wondering if it is okay for me to give more than a month's notice such as 13th Nov, but my last day of SVC is 31 Dec? Or can I only tender at 30 Nov?

This is because I think I may have to inform the team earlier should they need to plan for deployment next year.

Thank you.

Unregistered 06-08-2023 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253452)

I was wondering if it is okay for me to give more than a month's notice such as 13th Nov, but my last day of SVC is 31 Dec? Or can I only tender at 30 Nov?

This is because I think I may have to inform the team earlier should they need to plan for deployment next year.

Thank you.

Thanks for thinking of your team! If you're very certain you're leaving, you can let your RO or HOD know your intent (for deployment purposes) and submit the formal notice later?

Unregistered 22-08-2023 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253471)
Thanks for thinking of your team! If you're very certain you're leaving, you can let your RO or HOD know your intent (for deployment purposes) and submit the formal notice later?

Yes, I think I will do so. Thank you so much for the suggestion and also for the advice from other users here!

Unregistered 14-09-2023 02:16 PM

hi, someone told me fajt pay pegged to last geo not last drawn? so all that were geo 2 all same pay?anyone can verify?

Unregistered 14-09-2023 05:23 PM

FAJT no school hiring me

Hi, I am a bit depressed now. I got re-registered 1 month ago, called and emailed many schools, but none got back to me. I saw on telegram that a school far away from where I live is looking for an ad hoc relief teacher, and messaged my details to express my interest. The next day, after she discussed with her SLs, she said her school will not engage me. Now I'm wondering if it's because I left the service a long time ago.

Unregistered 22-09-2023 08:16 AM

What subject do you teach and at what level? How long ago did you leave? It could be that your subject is not lacking in teachers. I was away for 9 years but managed to return as fajt 2 years back. See if you can approach schools with colleagues who know you and can vouch for your abilities.

Unregistered 22-09-2023 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253452)

Thank you.

As someone who quit last year. IF your last day on the job was in December, you are entitled to your 13th-month AWS and connect plan payout if any. You can verify this through the HR portal and your AM. There is a clause "in order to facilitate manpower planning, special arrangement is made (AWS bonus) for officer whose last day falls within December (of course, your last day should be after the AWS payout date). If your last day falls within next year Jan, MOE will claw back.

Unregistered 23-09-2023 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256508)
As someone who quit last year. IF your last day on the job was in December, you are entitled to your 13th-month AWS and connect plan payout if any. You can verify this through the HR portal and your AM. There is a clause "in order to facilitate manpower planning, special arrangement is made (AWS bonus) for officer whose last day falls within December (of course, your last day should be after the AWS payout date). If your last day falls within next year Jan, MOE will claw back.

Zhunbo....