Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Ex-MOE Teachers (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3908-ex-ministry-education-singapore-teachers.html)

Unregistered 17-09-2022 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230500)
last drawn need to earn high enough to make it worth. but if there's a general pay revision for the fulltimers, dont cry father mother pls. since the revision is this year, the next one will probably be a good 5 years away at least

Ok sir. Hopefully can retire before the next pay revision 🤓

Unregistered 17-09-2022 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230466)
I suggest you rethink again. Being an MOE teacher is not only about teaching the content of 1 or 2 subjects. That is probably only 30% of your jobscope (which is already enough to tire you out with the sheer number of
students under you).

I'm ready for the challenge.
Anyway, my expertise are express, NA And NT math , edit videos, MS excel, PPT and word.
Why still can't get it?

Unregistered 17-09-2022 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230538)
Anyway, my expertise are express, NA And NT math , edit videos, MS excel, PPT and word.
Why still can't get it?

I'm fully aware that besides teaching, there are CCA, invigilation , chaperone etc.

I have done that before. And I love it!!

Unregistered 17-09-2022 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230538)
Why still can't get it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230539)
I'm fully aware that besides teaching, there are CCA, invigilation , chaperone etc.

I have done that before. And I love it!!

Microsoft Office and video editing are all considered basic skills these days. Nothing special.

Invigilation and chaperone can be done by any EO. There's nothing special there too, even if you love it and volunteer for it.

If you are planning to switch back to full time, you need to have something special about yourself to sell to whichever school you're looking at. And on top of that, you need good connections.

Unregistered 17-09-2022 10:45 PM

Hi, I just accepted a job offer in the private sector and I’m trying to figure out when is the most ideal time to tender my resignation. Just wanted to clarify, if I were to submit my resignation to HR end-Nov, does that mean that I wont be eligible for the EOY bonus as I’m serving my 1 month notice till 31st Dec?

Unregistered 18-09-2022 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230552)
Microsoft Office and video editing are all considered basic skills these days. Nothing special.

Invigilation and chaperone can be done by any EO. There's nothing special there too, even if you love it and volunteer for it.

If you are planning to switch back to full time, you need to have something special about yourself to sell to whichever school you're looking at. And on top of that, you need good connections.

What do you mean by special about myself?
So with rich experiences and knowledge skills and capable aren't special enough?
It's work ok no g in school as teacher, not fashion on stage.

Unregistered 18-09-2022 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230552)

I feel like you're discouraging me to join as Teaching.

Unregistered 18-09-2022 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230603)
I feel like you're discouraging me to join as Teaching.

If you like to organize events more than teaching, pls join

Unregistered 18-09-2022 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230556)
Hi, I just accepted a job offer in the private sector and I’m trying to figure out when is the most ideal time to tender my resignation. Just wanted to clarify, if I were to submit my resignation to HR end-Nov, does that mean that I wont be eligible for the EOY bonus as I’m serving my 1 month notice till 31st Dec?

u better check with MOE HR before throw letter

techically u need to be in service as of end Dec 2022

if nt u tender now, then sorry, MOE / govt not obliged to pay your 13th month bonus entitlement?

tot the tried & tested way is tender on 1st working day of new year?

Unregistered 19-09-2022 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230611)
If you like to organize events more than teaching, pls join

I like teach and organize events.

Groom the students to be a confident and holistic
Person