Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Ex-MOE Teachers (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3908-ex-ministry-education-singapore-teachers.html)

Unregistered 04-01-2023 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238014)
I applied for flexi adjunct position on REMS on 16 December and my application is stil processing. I am on NPL at the moment, will I be able to work as a flexi adjunct?

Yes. I had a FAJT colleague who was on NPL last year.

Unregistered 08-01-2023 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233973)
I am just wondering if there are temporary positions at tuition centres during June and Dec holidays?

Hope to narrow the big income loss gap during the school holidays as some students are also not having lessons during Dec holidays.

u can moonlight whilst holding a full time teacher role in MOE school?

smells like easy ticket to trouble

Unregistered 08-01-2023 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238354)

Ok noted .

Unregistered 10-01-2023 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238354)

You don’t know you can do other jobs when you are an FAJT? FAJT is not an MOE staff. We are under ‘casual employment’.

Unregistered 10-01-2023 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238478)
You don’t know you can do other jobs when you are an FAJT? FAJT is not an MOE staff. We are under ‘casual employment’.

sorry my bad

thx for clarifying

Iaba 13-02-2023 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231417)
Anyone went on to teach at international schools after leaving moe?

yes, i have worked in 2 such schools. It depends largely on opportunity, recommendation & also advantageous if you hv experience in teaching IB as quite a number of good intl schs will likely be IB certified as well. It helps a lot if you are articulate & express yourself clearly & have well balanced world views, if you ever get an interview. Usually the hiring is quite limited to those recommended by colleagues or hired from overseas. In terms of teaching qualification (besides IB), MOE teachers should be excellent but intl schools do not mostly hire because of that alone.

Beware there are quite a few centres here in Spore calling themselves "international sch" level when they are just plain running like tuition centres...so dont be duped.

Iaba 13-02-2023 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238485)
sorry my bad

thx for clarifying

your obligation as FAJT is only limited to your engagement at sch during the agreed hours. But if you have other work, its best to keep it apart & outside the sch premises. e.g not take any outside phone calls while doing work as FAJT in sch premises.

I actually keep both side informed (you dont have to) that i have obligations on other side so in cases where FAJT work spill over to additional time with students like remedial (esp close to national exam) or re testing after school, i will re arrange other work with supervisor & both sides are good with me on that.

Unregistered 14-02-2023 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iaba (Post 240298)
your obligation as FAJT is only limited to your engagement at sch during the agreed hours. But if you have other work, its best to keep it apart & outside the sch premises. e.g not take any outside phone calls while doing work as FAJT in sch premises.

I actually keep both side informed (you dont have to) that i have obligations on other side so in cases where FAJT work spill over to additional time with students like remedial (esp close to national exam) or re testing after school, i will re arrange other work with supervisor & both sides are good with me on that.

Sounds like you are employed by two organisations.

Mind sharing what’s the other organisation that allows you to work after school hours? I am just doing tuition which does not guarantee a stable income. I also foresee that in a few years’ time, parents would think I am too old for their kids.

Iaba 15-02-2023 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240337)
Sounds like you are employed by two organisations.

Mind sharing what’s the other organisation that allows you to work after school hours? I am just doing tuition which does not guarantee a stable income. I also foresee that in a few years’ time, parents would think I am too old for their kids.

of course i mind! Not the point why you need to know. it works if both scope are part time & has flexible hours. Can adjust the no. of hours to commit for FAJT - e.g 8.30am - 11.30am & leave time for the other flexible arrangement.

Unregistered 15-02-2023 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iaba (Post 240382)
of course i mind! Not the point why you need to know. it works if both scope are part time & has flexible hours. Can adjust the no. of hours to commit for FAJT - e.g 8.30am - 11.30am & leave time for the other flexible arrangement.

I see. Thanks for sharing this much. As far as I know, most schools do not have flexible hours for FAJTs. I am surprised your school has. Interesting.