Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Ex-MOE Teachers (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3908-ex-ministry-education-singapore-teachers.html)

Unregistered 02-11-2022 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233973)
I am just wondering if there are temporary positions at tuition centres during June and Dec holidays?

go ask them lor

Unregistered 12-11-2022 07:35 AM

can i check for FAJT, my take home pay is 80% of the T1 & T2 rates?

Thanks

loveburgersandfries 13-11-2022 09:49 PM

i know of ppl who quit teaching, then chose to do skillsfuture course to gain new skills. i think its a good move to do something that you like, or something that is not too stressful. some more skillsfuture has subsidies...so is a win-win situation. i think its called the bcg data analytics program. after the program then pivot to IT industry. doing something that fits is more important i feel...otherwise working at a job for 5 days a week that you don't like will be quite tiring.

Unregistered 14-11-2022 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234702)
can i check for FAJT, my take home pay is 80% of the T1 & T2 rates?

Thanks

No. The T1 rate is only for the first hour. You will be paid the T2 rate for the rest of the hours.

Say you work for 6.5h which is the standard working hours of FAJTs.

The first hour is T1 rate.

The next 5.5h is T2 rate.

You total them up and you will take home 80% of the day’s wage.

Unregistered 14-11-2022 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234819)
No. The T1 rate is only for the first hour. You will be paid the T2 rate for the rest of the hours.

Say you work for 6.5h which is the standard working hours of FAJTs.

The first hour is T1 rate.

The next 5.5h is T2 rate.

You total them up and you will take home 80% of the day’s wage.

thanks for the reply. any cpf contribution from MOE? how many percent of the day's wage?

Unregistered 14-11-2022 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234835)
thanks for the reply. any cpf contribution from MOE? how many percent of the day's wage?

Yes. I didn’t calculate. I suppose it’s at the standard/normal rate? There is a standard rate of employer contribution according to your age.

Unregistered 15-11-2022 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveburgersandfries (Post 234809)
i know of ppl who quit teaching, then chose to do skillsfuture course to gain new skills. i think its a good move to do something that you like, or something that is not too stressful. some more skillsfuture has subsidies...so is a win-win situation. i think its called the bcg data analytics program. after the program then pivot to IT industry. doing something that fits is more important i feel...otherwise working at a job for 5 days a week that you don't like will be quite tiring.

Wow good effort. Registered acc to spam this crap course.

Unregistered 15-11-2022 08:19 AM

Anyone has an idea what is the FAJT rate for GEO5?

Unregistered 15-11-2022 09:39 AM

Any idea when is the earliest one can apply to be fajt after serving notice? Can apply immediately or must wait until after last day of service?

Unregistered 23-11-2022 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234879)
Anyone has an idea what is the FAJT rate for GEO5?

I also want to know.