Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 08-02-2017 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94214)
Any compliance peers care to share their bonuses?

French bank here (not hard to guess which), we are all expecting in the range of 2months.

I got 5.5 months, good performance grading for 2016.

Unregistered 08-02-2017 12:55 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm a soon-to-grad local uni with average acad results, with no experience in finance sector. But I managed to get a perm job offer in a local financial house doing back-end ops role, like trade settlements, with a starting pay of 3k. I'm not sure to take up this job and very concerns about job prospect in the future. But I understand I need to gain some experience in this sector first before moving on. Will this job provide me a stepping stone to compliance or other opportunities? Any bro or sisters can share your expertise! much appreciated!

Unregistered 08-02-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94378)
Hello everyone!

I'm a soon-to-grad local uni with average acad results, with no experience in finance sector. But I managed to get a perm job offer in a local financial house doing back-end ops role, like trade settlements, with a starting pay of 3k. I'm not sure to take up this job and very concerns about job prospect in the future. But I understand I need to gain some experience in this sector first before moving on. Will this job provide me a stepping stone to compliance or other opportunities? Any bro or sisters can share your expertise! much appreciated!

My advice to you will be to search for a better option. Plenty of fresh grads that went into Settlements are stuck there, with no upside at all. There is little to no mobility in terms of changing functions.

Plenty of KYC/AML roles out there that will consider fresh grads. This is a much better stepping stone into the world of Compliance. I personally made the jump from KYC ops into Compliance Advisory. Good luck!

Unregistered 08-02-2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94377)
I got 5.5 months, good performance grading for 2016.

That's a pretty incredible figure. What position are you and is it a local or foreign FI/NBFI?

Unregistered 08-02-2017 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94379)
My advice to you will be to search for a better option. Plenty of fresh grads that went into Settlements are stuck there, with no upside at all. There is little to no mobility in terms of changing functions.

Plenty of KYC/AML roles out there that will consider fresh grads. This is a much better stepping stone into the world of Compliance. I personally made the jump from KYC ops into Compliance Advisory. Good luck!

What is compliance advisory? KYC advisory? Sanctions advisory?

Unregistered 08-02-2017 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94380)
That's a pretty incredible figure. What position are you and is it a local or foreign FI/NBFI?

I am not in FI. In kyc/aml. Yes I think no other place has this much bonus.

Unregistered 09-02-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94390)
I am not in FI. In kyc/aml. Yes I think no other place has this much bonus.

No wonder. That's great for you then.

Unregistered 09-02-2017 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94388)
What is compliance advisory? KYC advisory? Sanctions advisory?

From KYC/AML ops, the most likely will be KYC/AML advisory obviously.

Unregistered 09-02-2017 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94402)
From KYC/AML ops, the most likely will be KYC/AML advisory obviously.

Most likely..obviously

You are such an entertainment

Unregistered 10-02-2017 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94407)
Most likely..obviously

You are such an entertainment

Dumb questions from you begets dumb answers.

Suck it up bud.