Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 24-09-2022 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231152)
Hi ,
Wanted to know if a Malaysian with good degree & working with SG bank's AML hub. (based in Malaysia)
2 year exp in L1 FCC TM (covering consumer and corporate banking)
Not bad performance (overall KPI>120% with minimal QA finding).
Current salary below RM 4K (~SGD 1.3k) ; performance bonus around 3 months

Should i consider move to SG next year ? What salary range should i expect ?
Should i continue working under TM team or moving to other AML ascpect (e.g. KYC, CDD, ECDD, Sanction and etc) to expand my profile?

yes you can definitely considering moving to SG if your situation allows. hard to say what pay you should be expecting since i'm not familiar with foreign hires, but i'd say they shouldn't be offering less than SGD 3k.

L1 TM is at risk of being offshored. If can, consider L2 (investigations) or advisory roles or more generalist role covering end-to-end like onboarding, PR, AML, etc.

Unregistered 24-09-2022 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231160)
well done for picking the right field! 100k (8+k) is quite the abnormally for 3 yrs of exp. banking should be around 5-6k

started off drawing 4.5 as a fresh grad. did extremely well on first year and got more than 20% bump to 5.5. promoted to associate thereafter, top performer, and bumped to 7.8 and recently just re-nego my compensation to 8.3.

Unregistered 24-09-2022 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231169)
started off drawing 4.5 as a fresh grad. did extremely well on first year and got more than 20% bump to 5.5. promoted to associate thereafter, top performer, and bumped to 7.8 and recently just re-nego my compensation to 8.3.

42% pay bump from 5.5 to 7.8?

you reached 7.8 just after 2 years?

Unregistered 24-09-2022 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231172)
42% pay bump from 5.5 to 7.8?

you reached 7.8 just after 2 years?

no, close to 3 years

Unregistered 24-09-2022 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231162)
yes you can definitely considering moving to SG if your situation allows. hard to say what pay you should be expecting since i'm not familiar with foreign hires, but i'd say they shouldn't be offering less than SGD 3k.

L1 TM is at risk of being offshored. If can, consider L2 (investigations) or advisory roles or more generalist role covering end-to-end like onboarding, PR, AML, etc.

Thanks for your suggestion !

Unregistered 25-09-2022 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231175)
no, close to 3 years

mind sharing more about how you land yourself in this AM compliance role to begin with? local u grad? did prior internship with the firm?

Unregistered 16-11-2022 07:34 AM

Any Compliance / Risk / AML / KYC professionals with 3-7 years of exp here? What salary are you drawing now and do you think it is reasonable compared to market? Any plans to move to other fields / industry (e.g. digital banking, crypto, etc)?

Unregistered 16-11-2022 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234934)
Any Compliance / Risk / AML / KYC professionals with 3-7 years of exp here? What salary are you drawing now and do you think it is reasonable compared to market? Any plans to move to other fields / industry (e.g. digital banking, crypto, etc)?

AML for 4 years in BB, drawing 6.2k/month. Looking to switch to Compliance role asap due to poor growth opportunity.

Unregistered 16-11-2022 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234934)

Not a good time to move out to other fields/industry, esp tech or fintechs. Increment may be good but whether sustainable is another issue. 7 years can get above 10k in most areas of work.

Unregistered 16-11-2022 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234985)
Not a good time to move out to other fields/industry, esp tech or fintechs. Increment may be good but whether sustainable is another issue. 7 years can get above 10k in most areas of work.

Absolutely disagree. DO NOT stay in AML for long. There is no prospect and your market value quickly diminishes the longer you stay in this industry. Jump out the moment an opportunity comes, be it fintech or not, your main priority should be to move out of AML roles.