Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

my2centsworth 24-01-2017 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94001)
Just need some general opinion.. Is it a good move from a cdd kyc role to transaction monitoring role? In terms of career prospects

i think both are equally the same.. but TM is more operational.. just get in, clock the base years of experience.. preferably CDD KYC role as it is not as operational.. CV easily marketable to foreign banks aft a few years.

Unregistered 24-01-2017 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 93666)
Hi... lawyer here. been practising for a year and already feeling depressed about prospects and pay. working in community law, because there aren't any other options really. the recent reports about compliance professionals earning big bucks are looking attractive for obvious reasons.

any tips on how to make an effective transition?

lawyers are highly valued.. you're definitely able to transition over to compliance.. recommend that you apply for banks which have Legal and Compliance under one department.. then, your next move naturally should be to a Compliance specific department..

cheers bud!

Unregistered 26-01-2017 04:01 PM

I am currently working as a KYC analyst with an investment bank.
Now I have an opportunity to join JPMC as contract KYC analyst. Anyone can advise if that is a good move? 6 month contract with chance to convert.

Unregistered 26-01-2017 05:00 PM

Analyst at JPM investment banking.

What's the offer rate and office location?

Unregistered 26-01-2017 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94079)
I am currently working as a KYC analyst with an investment bank.
Now I have an opportunity to join JPMC as contract KYC analyst. Anyone can advise if that is a good move? 6 month contract with chance to convert.

Yes definitely a good move. good company and great benefit, top employer of choice for finance students. take up the offer!

my2centsworth 26-01-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94082)
Yes definitely a good move. good company and great benefit, top employer of choice for finance students. take up the offer!

perhaps im missing the strong pull factor.

but why is JPMC the top choice for students? and from what i see, the person is being offered a contract role vs his current permanent role.. lesser AL, no bonus (unless completion bonus), short term contract (6 months)

unless u are being compensated adequately or offered strong chances of conversion, please consider carefully before jumping!

Unregistered 26-01-2017 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my2centsworth (Post 94085)
perhaps im missing the strong pull factor.

but why is JPMC the top choice for students? and from what i see, the person is being offered a contract role vs his current permanent role.. lesser AL, no bonus (unless completion bonus), short term contract (6 months)

unless u are being compensated adequately or offered strong chances of conversion, please consider carefully before jumping!

The conversion rate is high along with good increment from the conversion and JPM has a strong emphasis on mobility. Opportunity is aplenty within the big organisation and people there are generally smart to work with. I think it is more sensible to land a job with a prestigious organisation than be thinking of bonus or AL in current economic climate whereby there are a pool of retrenched employee and fresh graduate in the job market.
Just google and you can find out why is JPM a top choice of employer for students entering the finance industry

Unregistered 26-01-2017 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91878)
Aside from banking experience, you would still need some relevant experience. If you are from IRAS or police, it will be more reasonable to find a job in Compliance. If you from ministry or transport or sports, there is zero correlation. No sure any bank would consider you, regardless of pay.

Could I just check with you guys jobs of what titles are more receptive to candidates with IRAS or police experience?

Thank you!

Unregistered 27-01-2017 12:42 AM

Chief Compliance Officer

Unregistered 01-02-2017 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94081)
Analyst at JPM investment banking.

What's the offer rate and office location?

Offer rate : 10% increment - I find this personally too Low compared to the risk I am taking converting from perm to contract. I am looking at 20%

The pull factor here is - KYC private banking experience. High chance of conversion.
The main realm why I want to move is current bank has poor job scope ( date entry) and poor culture / boss.