Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 23-11-2016 09:58 AM

Take RW's pay surveys with a pinch of salt. The numbers generally tend to trend on the high side, by about 20-30%.

How many years of experience do you have in this field, in the law enforcement agency? Don't be too caught up with job titles as well, your pay range should instead commensurate more with your level of experience.

There are junior 'AVPs' with 4-5 years of experience earning anywhere between 5k - 7k, and there are senior 'AVPs' with 10 years of experience earning 10k. There are a lot of variables to consider.

Unregistered 23-11-2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miso (Post 92312)
Given your law enforcement background, they will most likely offer you the higher end of the salary range of the AVP position. They might also look at your basic. 4years experience with $7.5k all in seems way better than most private sector compliance out there.

Just curious what's the reason for you to want to move out?

Law enforcement background can mean many things from working in the neighborhood police post (completely irrelevant experience) to CAD inspector.

From a hiring manager's perspective, someone with immediate law enforcement background won't be the most attractive candidate. You might have working knowledge of law enforcement, but we often noticed that there is difficulty in adaption into a corporate environment. A bank operates very differently from a law enforcement unit, culturally and work expectations.

We prefer someone who has gone from law enforcement unit, to a bank, and coming to a 2nd/3rd bank's candidates. At least, we don't have to waste time, helping you understand how banks operate and why certain rules operate certain way, and what is acceptable/non acceptable.

Additionally, don't be misguided by "Robert Walters, it was quoted as $90k p.a. (majority) onwards for Manager/AVP level". Such ranks is a range and will always be a huge range, dependent on the number of years of experience, how relevant in your experience, and your performance. Many salary survey inflate results, to attract candidates, and very few banks are paying that range.

skipp 24-11-2016 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miso (Post 92312)
Given your law enforcement background, they will most likely offer you the higher end of the salary range of the AVP position. They might also look at your basic. 4years experience with $7.5k all in seems way better than most private sector compliance out there.

Just curious what's the reason for you to want to move out?

Firstly, I was hoping that the package outside civil service would be more attractive
Secondly, it opens up more options (other FIs or agencies) in the future if I want have a change of environment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92321)
Take RW's pay surveys with a pinch of salt. The numbers generally tend to trend on the high side, by about 20-30%.

How many years of experience do you have in this field, in the law enforcement agency? Don't be too caught up with job titles as well, your pay range should instead commensurate more with your level of experience.

There are junior 'AVPs' with 4-5 years of experience earning anywhere between 5k - 7k, and there are senior 'AVPs' with 10 years of experience earning 10k. There are a lot of variables to consider.

Yeah I'm actually not too concern about the title, I stated avp just to have a rough idea of what kinda salary range based on my exp.

Currently 4 years in white collar LEA. Not those NPP haha

Unregistered 24-11-2016 09:00 PM

Anyone in big 4 advisory working in AML-CFT related field? I see my bank employ these external consultants in regulatory compliance and project space. May I ask how much a junior associate can earn in such attachment?

Heard they are on daily rate one. Which I heard can hit range of 900~1k? That's kinda lot.

Unregistered 25-11-2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipp (Post 92414)
Firstly, I was hoping that the package outside civil service would be more attractive
Secondly, it opens up more options (other FIs or agencies) in the future if I want have a change of environment.

Yeah I'm actually not too concern about the title, I stated avp just to have a rough idea of what kinda salary range based on my exp.

Currently 4 years in white collar LEA. Not those NPP haha

TBH, 4 years isn't a lot. Depending on the bank's structure, from a layman perspective they tend to be in this order. Analyst -> Associate -> AVP -> VP, so on and so for.

4 years of experience generally tends to fall within the associate range. AVPs usually means 5 years +++ unless u are an exceptional candidate or employee with outstanding continuous years of performance.

Unregistered 26-11-2016 09:51 AM

For a person with 2 years exp and no relevant background, which bank/position is a better start? RBS AML or Nomura KYC?

Unregistered 26-11-2016 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92534)
For a person with 2 years exp and no relevant background, which bank/position is a better start? RBS AML or Nomura KYC?

Both are not good

Unregistered 26-11-2016 11:44 PM

Can these figures be expected for a local university graduate joining compliance at a bulge bracket bank?

Year 1: 4k
Year 2: 5k
Year 3: 6.2k
Year 4: 7.2k
Year 5: 8k

Or what figures can I expect?

Also, which bulge bracket bank pays the best for compliance?

Unregistered 28-11-2016 05:37 PM

Hi, I have limited knowledge about the compliance industry, and I would like to know which area of compliance would be the best to start off in for a fresh grad? ie. roles in KYC, AML and regulatory compliance? Which would provide the best exposure and progression opportunities?

Also, would agencies be the best avenue to get an entry level job in compliance?

Unregistered 28-11-2016 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92556)
Can these figures be expected for a local university graduate joining compliance at a bulge bracket bank?

Year 1: 4k
Year 2: 5k
Year 3: 6.2k
Year 4: 7.2k
Year 5: 8k

Or what figures can I expect?

Also, which bulge bracket bank pays the best for compliance?

Hahaha this post cracks me up. Not sure if trolling or ignorant. You probably start at 2800:

Year 1: 2800
Year 2: 2950
Year 3: 3300
Year 4: 3630
Year 5: 3980

If you don't believe me, go try it. Better lower down your expectations though lol