Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Sukjiaomoh 28-12-2016 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 93352)
What information you need? From what I know it is another bleed till dry bank - Long hours.
But pays above market rate.

Recently I did a test and had an interview with JP Morgan. However, I havent gotten any replies. Any ideas how long will they take to give me an update? If rejected, will they inform me?

Unregistered 29-12-2016 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 93335)
BAML? I was there 2 years back and looks like the culture hasn't change! Anyhow nobody warned you? KYC Operations in most banks are late hours but weekends are unheard of.

Is the culture in BAML really that disastrous?

Unregistered 29-12-2016 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 93199)
so scared
10char

I have your details now and will verify your workplace shortly.

Don't play with fire when you have no idea how hot it burns.

Unregistered 29-12-2016 12:40 PM

Hi everyone, due to grad from local uni mid next year, applied for compliance roles in the banks through their normal recruitment windows but got rejected. Would it be best to go through a recruitment agency for a role?

Which area would be advisable for a fresh grad to start in, ie. CDD, AML, KYC etc? Most graduate roles advertised on bank websites do not really break the roles up into these specific "sub-functions", therefore I do not have much advanced knowledge of what these roles entail and how they are in terms of progression.

Also, out of curiosity, are there any banks that should be avoided? From what I gather from this thread, European banks seem to have a better culture - how true is this?

Shenry 29-12-2016 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 93373)
Hi everyone, due to grad from local uni mid next year, applied for compliance roles in the banks through their normal recruitment windows but got rejected. Would it be best to go through a recruitment agency for a role?

Which area would be advisable for a fresh grad to start in, ie. CDD, AML, KYC etc? Most graduate roles advertised on bank websites do not really break the roles up into these specific "sub-functions", therefore I do not have much advanced knowledge of what these roles entail and how they are in terms of progression.

Also, out of curiosity, are there any banks that should be avoided? From what I gather from this thread, European banks seem to have a better culture - how true is this?

NO BAML and operations for sure. Some of my friends in operations have similar experience but operations team are willing to take in fresh grad or people with no experience. Try compliance or financial crime, investigation instead.

Unregistered 02-01-2017 11:48 PM

Salary

Hi everyone, in need of some advice on what's the market rate salary for someone in a perm transaction monitoring position for 1 year plus?

Unregistered 10-01-2017 05:33 PM

Hi... lawyer here. been practising for a year and already feeling depressed about prospects and pay. working in community law, because there aren't any other options really. the recent reports about compliance professionals earning big bucks are looking attractive for obvious reasons.

any tips on how to make an effective transition?

Unregistered 11-01-2017 11:44 AM

Would like to know which financial crime compliance role - in Citibank or Deutsche Bank has better prospects? Assuming both roles are of similar level.

Unregistered 11-01-2017 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 93693)
Would like to know which financial crime compliance role - in Citibank or Deutsche Bank has better prospects? Assuming both roles are of similar level.

I think DB is not the most stable of banks right now to be in. Although I have no doubt they are willing to offer a better fixed package than Citi.

Citi is relatively stable and have a well-established team and protocol in place.

Basically, $$ vs stability. If DB doesn't offer at least 20% > Citi, don't even bother with them.

Unregistered 11-01-2017 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 93697)
I think DB is not the most stable of banks right now to be in. Although I have no doubt they are willing to offer a better fixed package than Citi.

Citi is relatively stable and have a well-established team and protocol in place.

Basically, $$ vs stability. If DB doesn't offer at least 20% > Citi, don't even bother with them.

Thanks for the insight! Needed someone to give me a "direction"