Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 07-03-2017 07:46 PM

How is the working hours at MAS's liaison team? Is it easy to get in? What do they do after they leave?

Unregistered 08-03-2017 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95307)
How is the working hours at MAS's liaison team? Is it easy to get in? What do they do after they leave?

Haha, I normally cant reach my MAS liaison officer after 5.30pm, that should be a good gauge.

Unregistered 08-03-2017 10:36 AM

ADELAIDE Extra

My hours are from 830-6, I usually leave around 630 while the rest of the staff I assume they leave around 7-8? Some bring their laptops home to continue working so I think it depends?

Unregistered 08-03-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95284)
Thank you. I am currently trying to get a temporary job related to compliance or aml for my 3 months school break. I hope the additional experiences can help me when I source for a perm position next year. After reading this forum, I gathered that working in a bank is better than an insurance company because of the many opportunities and better prospects? Is that right?

It depends i guess. There are some topics that are uniquely covered by compliance people in insurance and likewise for banking. Crossover is not impossible, really depends what you want to do since compliance is a really wide area. I am not entirely sure the payscale of compliance in insurance firms but payscale is not very high for banks as well... at least not until you reach mid career or senior levels or covering a niche part of the business.

My advice is - get started and see for yourself.. heck, i have came across many people who eventually call it quits after few years in compliance and moved into a totally different field

Unregistered 08-03-2017 08:27 PM

I have 1.5 yrs regulatory tax exp and 0.5yrs aml kyc exp. Got an offer from an european bank for TM. Mid 4s. will be long hours so I am wondering if it is worth taking up.

Unregistered 09-03-2017 08:53 AM

Has anyone worked in CDD for oil & gas firms before? How is the prospect there?

Unregistered 10-03-2017 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95345)
I have 1.5 yrs regulatory tax exp and 0.5yrs aml kyc exp. Got an offer from an european bank for TM. Mid 4s. will be long hours so I am wondering if it is worth taking up.

does your European bank start with 'B'? If it is then I probably know which team you are referring to. They sit right behind me

Unregistered 11-03-2017 08:03 PM

Does AML/KYC or internal audit in bank have better prospects in terms of pay and career progression? Which is likely to be more in demand in the future?

Unregistered 12-03-2017 10:28 AM

Anyone successfully moved on to FCC, AML investigations from KYC analyst?

Unregistered 13-03-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95472)
Anyone successfully moved on to FCC, AML investigations from KYC analyst?

I have. Had 2.5 years of KYC experience across 2 different institutions and successfully made the move to FCC in a European bank. Currently almost 1 year into this role. Currently drawing 5.4k per month.