Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 16-01-2016 06:20 PM

Even without product knowledge? U mean compliance for asset mgmt companies?

Unregistered 17-01-2016 12:54 AM

i am thinking of moving to risk management.. particularly within the area of mkt risk.

about 2.5 years into compliance now sitting within the advisory team. Part of my job scope covers the dealing floor's activities.. but im not monitoring the limits since thats taken care by the risk dept.

then again, im not entirely bent on heading to the risk side. Up till now most of my work r pretty qualitatively based, across all major business lines from PB to CB (writing policies/procedures, reviewing proposals or investigating cases escalated by my ops or from our dear beloved MAS/CAD. My work is mostly 75% on AML/CFT while 25% are on general compliance stuffs and managing other regulatory projects.

I am thinking of taking up courses / certifications that can complement my existing job scope. For the trading floor stuffs, other than insider trading n partially mkt abuse, the rest is pretty much covered by the other dedicated risk teams. hence i am thinking of either a PRM / FRM to help me fill up the gap in that area... at least i would have a clearer picture of the trading activities n perhaps increase my marketability :(

What do u guys think? I heard its pretty tough to study alone for those courses (i know nus RMI teaches FRM but thats like 1.5hours travel back home after lesson...)

Unregistered 17-01-2016 05:56 AM

Would like some advice unsure if it is covered within the thread but will double check ,

I'm a recent UK graduate (business) have 6mo work experience (insurance sales) prior to completing degree , just accepted a position at a tech start up doing sales although very aware that this is not the career path I want (I want to be within financal sector).

Would it be feasible to complete a ICA Advanced Certificate in AML and then try and get an assistant/junior type job in AML or are AML roles (not at managerial levels) very hard to obtain without relevant experience?

Unregistered 17-01-2016 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78209)
Would like some advice unsure if it is covered within the thread but will double check ,

I'm a recent UK graduate (business) have 6mo work experience (insurance sales) prior to completing degree , just accepted a position at a tech start up doing sales although very aware that this is not the career path I want (I want to be within financal sector).

Would it be feasible to complete a ICA Advanced Certificate in AML and then try and get an assistant/junior type job in AML or are AML roles (not at managerial levels) very hard to obtain without relevant experience?

No point asking in a forum whether is it hard or not to get it. Just apply and hope for the best.

Unregistered 19-01-2016 05:37 PM

overseas allowance

hi anyone knows how much is the overseas allowance from singapore to country in asiapacific region, internal audit or compliance dept. thanks

Unregistered 19-01-2016 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78360)
hi anyone knows how much is the overseas allowance from singapore to country in asiapacific region, internal audit or compliance dept. thanks

you know APAC is very wide.. incl Jpn or ex J?

Anyway, bump for you. Interested to know as well.

Unregistered 19-01-2016 10:07 PM

yes, including japan

Unregistered 19-01-2016 10:10 PM

position designation

What is the equivalent of Manager rank position in japanese bank with local banks and US banks??

Unregistered 20-01-2016 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78207)
i am thinking of moving to risk management.. particularly within the area of mkt risk.

about 2.5 years into compliance now sitting within the advisory team. Part of my job scope covers the dealing floor's activities.. but im not monitoring the limits since thats taken care by the risk dept.

then again, im not entirely bent on heading to the risk side. Up till now most of my work r pretty qualitatively based, across all major business lines from PB to CB (writing policies/procedures, reviewing proposals or investigating cases escalated by my ops or from our dear beloved MAS/CAD. My work is mostly 75% on AML/CFT while 25% are on general compliance stuffs and managing other regulatory projects.

I am thinking of taking up courses / certifications that can complement my existing job scope. For the trading floor stuffs, other than insider trading n partially mkt abuse, the rest is pretty much covered by the other dedicated risk teams. hence i am thinking of either a PRM / FRM to help me fill up the gap in that area... at least i would have a clearer picture of the trading activities n perhaps increase my marketability :(

What do u guys think? I heard its pretty tough to study alone for those courses (i know nus RMI teaches FRM but thats like 1.5hours travel back home after lesson...)

I have similar situation as yours. Thinking to move to risk after having 2.5 yrs compliance exp. But I'm still not sure if wasting my compliance exp is a wise decision. I think risk management have about the same earning potential. Why do you want to move to risk dept?

Unregistered 20-01-2016 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78383)
I have similar situation as yours. Thinking to move to risk after having 2.5 yrs compliance exp. But I'm still not sure if wasting my compliance exp is a wise decision. I think risk management have about the same earning potential. Why do you want to move to risk dept?

Well i'm still in my 20s, thought might as well try something new but not too far fetched from what i am currently doing... conceptually i guess one can group risk n compliance under the same domain.

How about u?