Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 23-02-2016 06:15 PM

hi,

so is Market compliance/surveillance a good role to be working in the domain of compliance? Will the role be able to provide good career prospect as well as opportunities to learn and potentially branch out into other area of compliance?

What can be expected when working in the MCS role as analyst? thanks

Unregistered 26-02-2016 07:52 PM

what is the pay for fresh grad doing CDD/AML/KYC in bank?

Unregistered 06-03-2016 10:57 AM

Expect anything from $2.8 to $3.8k monthly
depending on job scope and bank

Unregistered 06-03-2016 09:55 PM

Wow.. after reading the trend of the pay within compliance in this thread... Can't help but think there's a salary bubble. Maybe in pre-2010, banks lack supply of people within the compliance industry to comply with new regulations. But now that banks are hiring junior non-revenue generating compliance/AML staff en mass.. The continuous good progression for career and salary cannot possibly cover the number of new supply? Especially so when transactions within banking are flowing out to alternative tech startups.

I'm currently within the PE space within an investment team, and I must humbly admit that I am earning on par or lower than the compliance folks my age in accordance to this thread. So the above paragraph may be a statement written out of envy and sadness. Maybe FO isn't a fantastical mystical place to be anymore. :(

Unregistered 07-03-2016 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80865)
Wow.. after reading the trend of the pay within compliance in this thread... Can't help but think there's a salary bubble. Maybe in pre-2010, banks lack supply of people within the compliance industry to comply with new regulations. But now that banks are hiring junior non-revenue generating compliance/AML staff en mass.. The continuous good progression for career and salary cannot possibly cover the number of new supply? Especially so when transactions within banking are flowing out to alternative tech startups.

I'm currently within the PE space within an investment team, and I must humbly admit that I am earning on par or lower than the compliance folks my age in accordance to this thread. So the above paragraph may be a statement written out of envy and sadness. Maybe FO isn't a fantastical mystical place to be anymore. :(

PE is such a general space, a lot of small and mid boutique size funds actually pay very little compared to banking. My reservist buddy comes with 10 years exp and is now working in one of the small biotech PE funds under Temasek, barely making 300k inclusive of everything, so I don't think your experience is unique.

Unregistered 07-03-2016 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80883)
PE is such a general space, a lot of small and mid boutique size funds actually pay very little compared to banking. My reservist buddy comes with 10 years exp and is now working in one of the small biotech PE funds under Temasek, barely making 300k inclusive of everything, so I don't think your experience is unique.

compliance pays so much? only specific roles right? like Aml?

Unregistered 07-03-2016 09:03 PM

not sure too.

back office compliance pays pretty well. is it worth it to jump to advisory in big 4?

Unregistered 07-03-2016 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80912)
not sure too.

back office compliance pays pretty well. is it worth it to jump to advisory in big 4?

definitely not. a svp in a foreign bank can earn in excess of 500k if you add in all the perks, shares, bonus, allowance etc. in big4 a jr partner will be lucky to even hit 350k.

Unregistered 07-03-2016 09:27 PM

interesting. big 4 m&a advisory is not bad i think but not sure of prospects as compared to compliance

Unregistered 12-03-2016 07:52 AM

Hi all,

I have 3 years of experience in KYC Ops.
Please kindly advice what are the options available for me for career progression.