Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 29-07-2015 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70639)
Compliance is overhyped back office.
Media promoting to fill up vacancies.

How good can back office be?

overpaid role but has the authority to f back - middle office guys. what up

Unregistered 01-08-2015 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70705)
I accepted a 3 months contract for AML role at Mizuho Bank. Any insights on what would I be doing? The work environment?

Accepted contract and you do not know what you do?

Joke.

Unregistered 01-08-2015 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70757)
overpaid role but has the authority to f back - middle office guys. what up

Nothing is up. So down
Back office is back office

Unregistered 25-08-2015 02:35 PM

Work Life Balance

I wanna know how long does a compliance officer work.
The job scope.
i was hoping for work life balance and idk if this is a good job.

harrow 25-08-2015 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daydreamer (Post 44396)
avp with 9-10k? thats alot! The previous place where i was working as a aml contractor my boss(a fresh AVP,29years old) is only drawing about 5k+ basic with 5yrs of rojak backend ops exp under his belt.

This really perks my interest. Any veterans could share how is the salary progression like ? Is it better to hop around, say, every 1 to 1.5year? I've spoken to a few recruiters ( from Hays,RW,MK,etc) and i found that the package I've accepted is way below market rate !(partly because the bank is in a bad shape recently coupled with the fact that I have just a few months of KYC/AML experience from contract work) The only consolation is the exposure that I will be getting. (Corp banking)...

I know that i sound a little bit impatient but i just want to have a clear goal that i can work towards to. And constantly remind myself never to let those evil HR eat me again...

Wow. 5k plus, after cpf and tax he makes 4k plus a little? Almost the same wage as me, a dumb loser hippie who can't even speak english as well as a geo 2 moe nus grad talent. I thought everyone here is raking in at least 10k a month. I thought Kelly Services' salaries report must be written and reaearched by a private deg grad like myself since all their figures are wrong.

Unregistered 25-08-2015 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrow (Post 71958)
Wow. 5k plus, after cpf and tax he makes 4k plus a little? Almost the same wage as me, a dumb loser hippie who can't even speak english as well as a geo 2 moe nus grad talent. I thought everyone here is raking in at least 10k a month. I thought Kelly Services' salaries report must be written and reaearched by a private deg grad like myself since all their figures are wrong.

kelly services this kind of mass telesales co. is perfect for bums like u

Unregistered 06-09-2015 02:20 PM

I'm doing regulatory advisory work. I find the job to be super boring... but everyone tells me that this is a good job and if i continue this route i have a good chance of joining a prestigious bank/financial institution in the compliance team. i want to switch to other jobs/industries because i find it really boring and dry. shld i force myself to stay longer? any thoughts?

Unregistered 21-09-2015 08:52 PM

Dear All,

I am a SIM-UOL Grad in KYC.

Bank 1 (Local Bank)
First Contract Job (6 Months) $1900 KYC for FI

Bank 2 (European Bank)
Second Contract Job (3 Months) $2500 in Compliance Dept doing HR related Compliance

Bank 3 (Japanese Bank)
Third Contract Job (9 Months) $2600 doing KYC for FI & Corporates
Current Perm Job from Third Contract Job Converted to perm drawing $3000 doing KYC for Corporate hitting 1 year soon.

Please kindly advice where should I go from here?
Try to join Compliance Dept?
How much pay should I ask for when I reach 3 years of experience?

Thank you.

Unregistered 23-09-2015 06:13 PM

AML Tech Manager

I seek some help from the experts over here.

My background:
I'm a Technology Project Manager for the whole suit of AML applications of a US bank and I have the exposure to AML business for the past 3 years. I have a total 9 years experience as a developer, support analyst, project lead and project manager but all these years I'm in the compliance world only.

Now I'm exploring my options to switch to AML business and would like to know what my entry level would be, considering the 3 years of AML exposure and 9 years of Compliance exposure.

Any response to my post would be greatly appreciated!

Unregistered 06-10-2015 02:48 PM

Compliance

Hi guys, I was just offered a role in compliance but it's not a bank. Rather it's in the remittance industry. So i was wondering if the experience gained is applicable to the banking industry or not. And if it would help me gain a compliance role in banks in the future? I'm a fresh grad from sim.