Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 25-05-2016 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86173)
Hi all, I been offered a ops role in bank but starting with client onboarding team. Any advice? should I go for it? I have 0 bank experience. Would it be a good start?

Sounds like BAML to me haha. Or maybe SCB.

Go for it, you have nothing to lose. What did they offer you btw?

andy 25-05-2016 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86174)

neither. its RBC. why BAML or SCB? 50k with no bonus. I read/heard COB can be onerous and long hours.

shenry 25-05-2016 05:14 PM

Quote:

lol why BAML? I am taking up their offer for ops role.

Unregistered 25-05-2016 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy (Post 86187)
neither. its RBC. why BAML or SCB? 50k with no bonus. I read/heard COB can be onerous and long hours.

Ah yes, RBC. I think I saw that role on LinkedIn a month or so ago. That is a very good basic to start off your banking career. I wouldn't think twice if I were you, unless u are from a reputable uni with remarkable results. Many fresh banking grads would love to be in your shoes.

COB isn't the most glamorous of roles, but in the Ops space it's probably the least Ops-like in it's coverage.

andy 25-05-2016 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86189)
Ah yes, RBC. I think I saw that role on LinkedIn a month or so ago. That is a very good basic to start off your banking career. I wouldn't think twice if I were you, unless u are from a reputable uni with remarkable results. Many fresh banking grads would love to be in your shoes.

COB isn't the most glamorous of roles, but in the Ops space it's probably the least Ops-like in it's coverage.

Thanks! I am from SMU but with normal results lol. 1 yr work exp, opted to RBC.

Unregistered 26-05-2016 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy (Post 86194)
Thanks! I am from SMU but with normal results lol. 1 yr work exp, opted to RBC.

GL buddy. Remember, jump around while this sector is still hot, no value in staying put in the same place for an extended period of time for now.

All the best in your career.

andy 26-05-2016 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86221)
GL buddy. Remember, jump around while this sector is still hot, no value in staying put in the same place for an extended period of time for now.

All the best in your career.

Thanks bro. extended period is say 2-3 years? =D now with the rise of blockchain, banking infrastructure might change..maybe not now..in 10 years?

Unregistered 26-05-2016 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy (Post 86228)
Thanks bro. extended period is say 2-3 years? =D now with the rise of blockchain, banking infrastructure might change..maybe not now..in 10 years?

I meant more like 1 year. After that maybe 1.5 - 2 years then jump again.

Nobody knows... maybe in 15 years time, banks wont even exist anymore?

Unregistered 01-06-2016 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenry (Post 86188)
lol why BAML? I am taking up their offer for ops role.

lucky you. I got rejected after second round. All the best in Ops! try to make the jump after 1 year to other departments.

Unregistered 02-06-2016 11:55 AM

Quote:

The closure of BSI Bank in Singapore shows how important the Ops role are. The lack of proper management of ops people has partially led to their downfall. Ops in bank is a huge vacuum now and alot to learn. take pride in it! The future is bright if you play your cards well