Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

andy 23-06-2016 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87352)
Hi thank you for the reply really appreciate it!

I have searched several bank websites for openings as a compliance officer and most of them require at least a relevant finance/econs degree and 2-3 years experience in a similar function. Same goes with many other recruitment agencies' ads. My question therefore is how and where do I start? Would it be wiser to apply to banks directly (well knowing that they might trash my resume upon seeing my unrelated discipline of study) or should I turn to recruitment agencies instead?

for a start you can do contract job or join Credit suisse compliance prog. I have friends who endured 2 years of low pay but had 40-50% increment once they were confirmed. I think BAML is hiring intensively but need least 2 year experience.

Unregistered 23-06-2016 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87133)
Hi, I'm a fresh grad from NUS (non-business/finance related course), 2:1 with no prior experience in compliance or banking. How likely is it to get an entry level analyst job in compliance in a bank/FI? Thanks in advance!

I am sure ppl here have advice that jumping from ops to compliance is tough but not impossible. what i suggest is take up ops role as they are many now, learn the skills take the courses like acams ica etc then move on to compliance.

Unregistered 09-07-2016 10:31 PM

Estimate

Hi all,

May I know roughly what is the market starting pay for a transaction monitoring analyst?

Thanks guys

Unregistered 11-07-2016 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88328)
Hi all,

May I know roughly what is the market starting pay for a transaction monitoring analyst?

Thanks guys

my guess is:

local bank (3100 - 3800) foreign bank

Unregistered 11-07-2016 06:46 PM

Need some advice. Understand that most post here focus mainly on AML.. but what about regulatory compliance? meaning all other regulations excluding 626. Any advice on that?

Unregistered 12-07-2016 12:09 AM

Which is more interesting? AML or Compliance?

Unregistered 12-07-2016 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88370)
Need some advice. Understand that most post here focus mainly on AML.. but what about regulatory compliance? meaning all other regulations excluding 626. Any advice on that?

Regulatory compliance is incredibly dry but it's very very stable and quite in-demand. It's not as hot as AML/KYC at the moment but it's something that I am looking to move into eventually as well.

Unregistered 12-07-2016 10:15 PM

Is it easier to get into regulatory compliance?

Typically how to get such a role?

How is the salary compared to other compliance?

Unregistered 12-07-2016 10:30 PM

Unregistered

How high is the probability of jumping from due diligence to monitoring & surveillance?

Unregistered 12-07-2016 10:59 PM

Hi, can someone please share whats the pay for

Credit Suisse Compliance Programme
VS
BNP Compliance Programme?

Thanks