Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 12-07-2016 11:30 PM

Credit Suisse is for university graduates. BNP is for mostly poly graduates.

Pay is obviously different

Unregistered 13-07-2016 11:09 PM

Hi guys,

How bout roles like trade/market surveillance? How can I find an entry level role in that position and if there is prospect in that career path?

anybody 14-07-2016 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy (Post 86187)
neither. its RBC. why BAML or SCB? 50k with no bonus. I read/heard COB can be onerous and long hours.

RBC periodic review? Heard they have to clear some 1.3k reviews by Jul 17, and with like 3 headcounts...gd luck

Unregistered 18-07-2016 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88424)
How high is the probability of jumping from due diligence to monitoring & surveillance?

U mean ur in front office doing DD and want to go to compliance for monitoring and surveillance? Then it's possible but hire u as almost fresh grad equivalent.

If ur in aml, Usually it's the other way round. We want to join due di advisory from monitoring and surveillance.

Unregistered 18-07-2016 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88422)
Is it easier to get into regulatory compliance?

Typically how to get such a role?

How is the salary compared to other compliance?

Start by taking contract roles in compliance. Then work hard and smart and people will want to convert u to perm.

Regulatory compliance or AML also same way in as above.

Unregistered 18-07-2016 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88431)
Credit Suisse is for university graduates. BNP is for mostly poly graduates.

Pay is obviously different

HAHA. I hope you were attempting to troll, because if that's what you really know of the industry, you are never getting far.

Unregistered 18-07-2016 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88422)
Is it easier to get into regulatory compliance?

Typically how to get such a role?

How is the salary compared to other compliance?

It is not easy. Typically they only look at experienced personnel within the Compliance space, not restricted to Regulatory. I have seen the one or two fresh grads that managed to get into Reg Compliance but they have stellar results and internships.

Unregistered 19-07-2016 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88585)
It is not easy. Typically they only look at experienced personnel within the Compliance space, not restricted to Regulatory. I have seen the one or two fresh grads that managed to get into Reg Compliance but they have stellar results and internships.

Hi guys,

How bout roles like trade/market surveillance? How can I find an entry level role in that position and if there is prospect in that career path? what kind of compliance is that classified as?

Unregistered 19-07-2016 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88635)
Hi guys,

How bout roles like trade/market surveillance? How can I find an entry level role in that position and if there is prospect in that career path? what kind of compliance is that classified as?

I'm assuming you are leaning towards the track of transactions monitoring. Some banks call it the Surveillance team, some simply call it Transactions Monitoring, some have fancy acronyms for it, but it's all referring to the same thing, and yes it sits within Compliance.

This function do look at fresh grad applicants, shop around the banks websites and job portals, you might get lucky. I think there's definitely prospects within Compliance right now, the money is higher than an average back office role and there's security as well.

Unregistered 20-07-2016 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88585)

Can a person with no relevant experience, other than difficult, get into compliance?
Or does he at least need to have compliance certification, before he can do compliance?