Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 20-01-2016 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78373)
What is the equivalent of Manager rank position in japanese bank with local banks and US banks??

Usually its either SVP in banks with conservative titles or a junior MD for big title banks.

Unregistered 20-01-2016 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78360)
hi anyone knows how much is the overseas allowance from singapore to country in asiapacific region, internal audit or compliance dept. thanks

Places like Japan & HK should start from 40% of basic salary, for more developing countries can go up to 100%.

Unregistered 21-01-2016 12:44 AM

Unregistered
 
I was from software sector. Then, I took MFE before I came to compliance space. I was looking for risk position but got this job by chance. My bos was looking for someone who is able to solve market compliance problem by using technology.

Now I have both risk and compliance perspective. Although they seem from the same domain, the transferable skill between these two function was not that much; perhaps, it is less than 30%.

I had several opportunities of transfering to risk. However, since I'm still enjoying good progression and there is still a lot of exiting project within this department, I dedicated to let the opportunities go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78427)
Well i'm still in my 20s, thought might as well try something new but not too far fetched from what i am currently doing... conceptually i guess one can group risk n compliance under the same domain.

How about u?


Unregistered 16-02-2016 10:51 PM

Hi all,

Can anyone with knowledge of trade/market surveillance analyst role share their knowledge on the role Please?

Would like to know more about the scope of work, potential skills that can be acquired and possible career progression. Thanks in advance for any sharing as I come from market ops background and has not much knowledge in the compliance ops domain.

Unregistered 17-02-2016 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77645)
usually us banks like to inflate title. when i look at the profile at citi she was svp then suddenly come to scb only become sanctions adviser. also the job sounds more like individual role without managing a team.

She is Head of Sanctions Compliance - Asean and South Asia? Doesn't seems like a junior role? You can see that her corporate rank is VP and SVP (Citi & DB) previously.

Unregistered 17-02-2016 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79956)
She is Head of Sanctions Compliance - Asean and South Asia? Doesn't seems like a junior role? You can see that her corporate rank is VP and SVP (Citi & DB) previously.

somebody already explain the concept of external title in citi earlier. also i think she is adviser, not dept head

Unregistered 17-02-2016 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79960)
somebody already explain the concept of external title in citi earlier. also i think she is adviser, not dept head

you are just upset that a diploma holder is doing better than you.

Unregistered 17-02-2016 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78441)
I was from software sector. Then, I took MFE before I came to compliance space. I was looking for risk position but got this job by chance. My bos was looking for someone who is able to solve market compliance problem by using technology.

Now I have both risk and compliance perspective. Although they seem from the same domain, the transferable skill between these two function was not that much; perhaps, it is less than 30%.

I had several opportunities of transfering to risk. However, since I'm still enjoying good progression and there is still a lot of exiting project within this department, I dedicated to let the opportunities go.

If thats the case would FRM be any useful? Mkts compliance is one of my options too. I've got many calls and emails from recruiters for AM / manager level positions dealing almost the whole spectrum of aml/cft.
I cover mostly in structured finance and PWM at the moment. Though my boss was telling me of the intention having me exposed to the mkt side as well, but i have no idea how long that would take..

Unregistered 18-02-2016 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79962)
you are just upset that a diploma holder is doing better than you.

dun be childish...

Unregistered 19-02-2016 01:07 AM

I don't know about FRM. Assuming FRM and MFE teach the same technique for market risk, the answer is then no. IMO, Market Compliance/Surveillance (MCS) has a closer proximity with market. In MCS, you will not analyse market price movement to prepare for the worst and protect your company going bust. Instead, you will analyse how the orders and trades executed by traders, and see if they have bad intention to abuse the market, or cheat their client. So, you will also need to understand the mechanic of order book. The only valuable skill if you are not from MCS is the skill gained from being a trader itself. Which will never be happening as there will be no high-salaried traders are stupid enough to downgrade themself to become compliance officer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79982)
If thats the case would FRM be any useful? Mkts compliance is one of my options too. I've got many calls and emails from recruiters for AM / manager level positions dealing almost the whole spectrum of aml/cft.
I cover mostly in structured finance and PWM at the moment. Though my boss was telling me of the intention having me exposed to the mkt side as well, but i have no idea how long that would take..



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2