Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 06-01-2016 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77638)
what school and honours does makes a difference.


Uk university/ second upper

thanks!

Unregistered 07-01-2016 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77618)
I'm filling up a HR form for one of the local banks for compliance... i'm a fresh grad, what should i put as my expected salary range?

Fresh grad in a local bank Compliance department?
$84000 p.a.

Unregistered 07-01-2016 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77678)
Fresh grad in a local bank Compliance department?
$84000 p.a.

i dont even know if Management Associate get this kind of pay.

Unregistered 07-01-2016 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77689)
i dont even know if Management Associate get this kind of pay.

in the online world even poly grad can get 250k as a compliance adviser, what is 80k for map???

Unregistered 07-01-2016 03:44 PM

Just came back from an interview with the head of legal at a local bank. It was quite interesting but they pushed me to think very carefully because the work is very mundane and it seems they're quite worried of people doing compliance. after few months they want to move or a year other banks come, pay us 5x the salary and take us away.

i'm just confused - i mean there is some light after doing the dry work for few years right? Progression? and the way she made it sound like was it's like an admin job, check a list clear/flag/move on.

I was quite firm on saying I am interested because i'm thinking of the next 2-5 years not so much the 'boring' stuff now.

fresh grad - i guess do whatever to get up the ranks...

Unregistered 07-01-2016 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77698)
after few months they want to move or a year other banks come, pay us 5x the salary and take us away.

just join a few months in compliance and other banks can pay 5x the amount to poach u away!? sounds like wet dream to me...

Unregistered 08-01-2016 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77698)
Just came back from an interview with the head of legal at a local bank. It was quite interesting but they pushed me to think very carefully because the work is very mundane and it seems they're quite worried of people doing compliance. after few months they want to move or a year other banks come, pay us 5x the salary and take us away.

i'm just confused - i mean there is some light after doing the dry work for few years right? Progression? and the way she made it sound like was it's like an admin job, check a list clear/flag/move on.

I was quite firm on saying I am interested because i'm thinking of the next 2-5 years not so much the 'boring' stuff now.

fresh grad - i guess do whatever to get up the ranks...

Entry Level Compliance usually low pay and lots of OT clearing backlogs.
Increment also sibei low that's why people jump after getting experience for better pay.
But 5x Salary is BS.

Also you never mention which section of compliance you are doing.
Regulatory, KYC, AML, Surveillance.

Unregistered 08-01-2016 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77698)
Just came back from an interview with the head of legal at a local bank. It was quite interesting but they pushed me to think very carefully because the work is very mundane and it seems they're quite worried of people doing compliance. after few months they want to move or a year other banks come, pay us 5x the salary and take us away.

i'm just confused - i mean there is some light after doing the dry work for few years right? Progression? and the way she made it sound like was it's like an admin job, check a list clear/flag/move on.

I was quite firm on saying I am interested because i'm thinking of the next 2-5 years not so much the 'boring' stuff now.

fresh grad - i guess do whatever to get up the ranks...

Can't believe in this day and age still got people fall for such obvious BS. The interviewer i just trying to jack up the job like some superstar hot so that he can lowball you later on pay lah. Get headhunted for 500% increase after few months in the job? This kind of lame shiit you also seriously believe! LOL

Unregistered 08-01-2016 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77729)
Entry Level Compliance usually low pay and lots of OT clearing backlogs.
Increment also sibei low that's why people jump after getting experience for better pay.
But 5x Salary is BS.

Also you never mention which section of compliance you are doing.
Regulatory, KYC, AML, Surveillance.

What is the difference bet them all?

Unregistered 08-01-2016 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77765)
What is the difference bet them all?

Not much difference actually. But a lot of people from each side like to look down on the other sides as inferior and not real specialist compliance. The usual dept A see dept B no up and think they should get superior pay.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2