Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 28-12-2015 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77092)
I have to say I am unconvinced that a 35yrs old poly grad with 15 years of working experience who doesnít socialize is able to become SVP earning 200-250k a year. I assume thereís a 6 ranks difference from the rank (clerical) she start working to SVP, this means she is promoting bi-annually. What is her achievement that make her deserve her ever promotion?

I donít think local banks can pay that amount for compliance SVP, so she should be in a foreign bank?

How significant was it to have a diploma 15 years ago? What can be the starting pay be like?

A lot of sums doesnít add up, unless she has a godfather looking after her as mentioned by another dude.

Does she hold specialist cert? (ICA/ACAMS etc) if yes, is she still considered a poly grad?

Actually its more than 6 ranks from poly officer to SVP. Each rank has a broadband and 2-3 sub ranks for each band, so we are talking about 12 promotion minimal which is like a promotion every year.

I won't say totally impossible, but after hearing all these hearsay everywhere but no bank no name no profile I am incline to treat all of them as fantasies of the common masses until someone provides solid proof.

Unregistered 28-12-2015 12:41 PM

Disappointed help seeker
 
I'm sorry to say this but I'm a bit disappointed about the conversation on this thread. More than helping out the people in need, the debate was on whether a person deserves a role or not.

I'm still hopeful I get some help over here, on my below question

"My background:
I'm a Technology Project Manager for the whole suit of AML applications of a US bank and I have the exposure to AML business for the past 3 years. I have a total 9 years experience as a developer, support analyst, project lead and project manager (all IT background).

Now I'm exploring my options to switch to AML business and would like to know what my entry level would be, considering the 3 years of AML exposure and 9 years of Compliance exposure from IT point of view."

Unregistered 28-12-2015 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77301)
I'm sorry to say this but I'm a bit disappointed about the conversation on this thread. More than helping out the people in need, the debate was on whether a person deserves a role or not.

I'm still hopeful I get some help over here, on my below question

"My background:
I'm a Technology Project Manager for the whole suit of AML applications of a US bank and I have the exposure to AML business for the past 3 years. I have a total 9 years experience as a developer, support analyst, project lead and project manager (all IT background).

Now I'm exploring my options to switch to AML business and would like to know what my entry level would be, considering the 3 years of AML exposure and 9 years of Compliance exposure from IT point of view."

It's hard to say as you never elaborate what exactly is your involvement in "AML applications" and what exactly is this 3 year "exposure"about.

If you want me to take a potshot in the dark I would reckon most banks will probably take you in on the senior associate or junior AVP level if they still value the limited relevance of your IT work.

But with the banking industry now in oversupply of BO retrenched staff, I am doubtful you are going to make the cut unless someone powerful in the industry vouches for you.

Unregistered 28-12-2015 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77301)
I'm sorry to say this but I'm a bit disappointed about the conversation on this thread. More than helping out the people in need, the debate was on whether a person deserves a role or not.

I'm still hopeful I get some help over here, on my below question

"My background:
I'm a Technology Project Manager for the whole suit of AML applications of a US bank and I have the exposure to AML business for the past 3 years. I have a total 9 years experience as a developer, support analyst, project lead and project manager (all IT background).

Now I'm exploring my options to switch to AML business and would like to know what my entry level would be, considering the 3 years of AML exposure and 9 years of Compliance exposure from IT point of view."

sorry to neglect your post but the other post is more interesting. Haha. I agree with the other mate, I think you will have no problem entering AML, getting AVP, maybe within system team. I think a few AML Head comes from IT background, back then when no one wants to be compliance officer.

Unregistered 28-12-2015 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77287)
Never say never. Everyday go in and suck cock. Possible

Thats where the godfather comes in eh?

Unregistered 29-12-2015 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77313)
sorry to neglect your post but the other post is more interesting. Haha. I agree with the other mate, I think you will have no problem entering AML, getting AVP, maybe within system team. I think a few AML Head comes from IT background, back then when no one wants to be compliance officer.

AVP for AML side in foreign bank is roughly how much? I am looking at 18-20k but was told by a headhunter to look for VP level opening instead.

Unregistered 29-12-2015 10:24 PM

Hi All,

I have 3 years of KYC Experience.
How difficult would it be if I want to switch to Transaction Monitoring?

Thanks.

Unregistered 30-12-2015 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77371)
Hi All,

I have 3 years of KYC Experience.
How difficult would it be if I want to switch to Transaction Monitoring?

Thanks.

not very hard? sounds like you didnt try applying to begin with? jpm got a lot opening.

Unregistered 30-12-2015 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77379)
not very hard? sounds like you didnt try applying to begin with? jpm got a lot opening.

Thanks for advice.
Planning to start spamming comes 2016.
Will try JPM see if I can get interview or not.

Unregistered 03-01-2016 04:02 PM

I received an offer from deutsche bank for back office. As we know that db has major restructuring plan in late Oct 2015. Is it wise to join them?

://.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-12-31/half-a-million-bank-jobs-have-vanished-since-2008-crisis-chart


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2