Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 02-03-2017 08:15 PM

Hi, graduating later this year. Would just like to ask what you guys think about starting out in MAS versus starting out in a bank for compliance related roles?

Would starting out in MAS necessarily allow you to easily switch to banks after a couple of years?

Unregistered 03-03-2017 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95155)
Hi, graduating later this year. Would just like to ask what you guys think about starting out in MAS versus starting out in a bank for compliance related roles?

Would starting out in MAS necessarily allow you to easily switch to banks after a couple of years?

It really depends on the employer. Some employers will value the MAS experience and thinks that having the MAS background will mean you will know how to deal with MAS and that you are in a better position to interpret the MAS regulations.

Some employers will think that the MAS experience is not hands-on enough.

So basically, no clear advantage for MAS or non-MAS.

Unregistered 04-03-2017 11:27 AM

Fresh grad here with zero experience here
I managed to get an offer for a contract KYC ops role at one of the Big 4.
Would this be a good stepping stone towards compliance advisory?
Pretty worried about job prospects but I know I got to start somewhere.
Would very much appreciate some advice here!

Unregistered 06-03-2017 11:04 PM

Hi all,

I am interested in getting a job in the AML / Compliance field once I graduate next year. So far I have a 6 months aml experience with an insurance company. I am from SIM Global, studying business management with a UK school (Not UOL). Is it harder for private grads to get a position in this field? Any advice on which position I should apply for once I graduate? Should I apply for an aml position again? Or go straight into compliance? MAS?

Unregistered 07-03-2017 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95275)
Hi all,

I am interested in getting a job in the AML / Compliance field once I graduate next year. So far I have a 6 months aml experience with an insurance company. I am from SIM Global, studying business management with a UK school (Not UOL). Is it harder for private grads to get a position in this field? Any advice on which position I should apply for once I graduate? Should I apply for an aml position again? Or go straight into compliance? MAS?

I dont think mas accepts pte deg FRESHIES. At least of all the mas liaison officers i worked with...

Anyway, try to get offers from multiple employers. U can decide afterwards with the offers sitting on your table.

Unregistered 07-03-2017 01:45 PM

Hi all,

I am interested in getting a job in the AML/Compliance/KYC field but I have no experience in this field.

Is there any stepping stone where I begin with?

Unregistered 07-03-2017 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95279)
I dont think mas accepts pte deg FRESHIES. At least of all the mas liaison officers i worked with...

Anyway, try to get offers from multiple employers. U can decide afterwards with the offers sitting on your table.

Thank you. I am currently trying to get a temporary job related to compliance or aml for my 3 months school break. I hope the additional experiences can help me when I source for a perm position next year. After reading this forum, I gathered that working in a bank is better than an insurance company because of the many opportunities and better prospects? Is that right?

Unregistered 07-03-2017 04:22 PM

Hi everyone, spent some time reading all the pages in there.

I'm holding a diploma in financial informatics, intending to do PT degree in banking & finance (probably). Am looking to enter the compliance/kyc/aml aspect of FIs.

Right now working in MAS as an entry level officer (contract staff). Is there any advice seniors out here can provide me so that I can enter into the kyc/aml aspect? Been applying through agencies and directs but nobody wants to take me. Even after going to interviews all the time have lost out to people with relevant exp. Thanks in advance :D

Unregistered 07-03-2017 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95293)
Hi everyone, spent some time reading all the pages in there.

I'm holding a diploma in financial informatics, intending to do PT degree in banking & finance (probably). Am looking to enter the compliance/kyc/aml aspect of FIs.

Right now working in MAS as an entry level officer (contract staff). Is there any advice seniors out here can provide me so that I can enter into the kyc/aml aspect? Been applying through agencies and directs but nobody wants to take me. Even after going to interviews all the time have lost out to people with relevant exp. Thanks in advance :D

Hi, how did you get your current job in MAS? Was it through a job agency? I am the previous poster from SIM haha. And what's your current job scope? Screening companies?

Thanks!!

Unregistered 07-03-2017 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95295)
Hi, how did you get your current job in MAS? Was it through a job agency? I am the previous poster from SIM haha. And what's your current job scope? Screening companies?

Thanks!!

hahah hi, it was a direct hire. They posted it on jobs portal and I applied. Nah, not compliance related, it's more towards consumer complaints but I'm handling the cases assignment to the officers in charge to do the calling and stuff.

Still interested to venture into compliance though hahah my work currently is kinda mundane and dull.