Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 12-12-2015 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76771)
I think you are clearly from a smaller bank who is trying to know everyone in the industry by attending all industry events. In a larger organization (and at this point it should be crystal clear which organization it is if you are really familiar with the industry), compliance and AML are separate teams. Within AML alone, there's a lot of different levels of specialization. Additionally, there's only so many major banks that have SVP levels.

Additionally, not every SVPs manages a big team. In many departments, there are talkers and there are do-ers. I don't think many people know this girl is only a Poly graduate because nobody ever thought it's relevant. She keeps a low profile and rarely appear in industry events. Obviously, she don't go around telling the world she's a polytechnic graduate too. Bear in mind, given she's a Poly graduate, she has been working for almost 15 years so a SVP is not shocking if you have been a good performer who is at the right place and right time. Common sense will tell you if it's plausible.

Nope, you assume wrongly. I work in a household global bank, not sure where you are getting the idea that I work in a small bank. I am not trying to know everyone in the industry, it's just part and parcel of networking and attending related forums and courses that one will get to know your peers. Compliance is not so big after all.

I notice after this long wall of text you still haven't told me which bank this friend of yours is from. All I read are a bunch of excuses of how supposedly low profile this friend is and she does not socialize in any events so nobody knows her etc.

If you will forgive me, there's just way too many of these fantastic make it big banking stories in this forum. Similar claims were also made in the SIM-UOL and banking BO thread and despite numerous challenges, nobody has been able to provide even one simple linkedin profile of all these poly/pte uni make it big superstars.

I am not even asking you to tell me who this "friend" is, just the bank she is working so that I can tap my connections to find out and approach her directly. All I hear are numerous implausible excuses of some hermit life mysterious compliance super high flying poly SVP.

Unregistered 13-12-2015 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76771)
Additionally, there's only so many major banks that have SVP levels.

just this sentence alone can tell u have never work in a bank b4 & trying to blow smoke up ur @rse

Unregistered 14-12-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76782)
Nope, you assume wrongly. I work in a household global bank, not sure where you are getting the idea that I work in a small bank. I am not trying to know everyone in the industry, it's just part and parcel of networking and attending related forums and courses that one will get to know your peers. Compliance is not so big after all.

I notice after this long wall of text you still haven't told me which bank this friend of yours is from. All I read are a bunch of excuses of how supposedly low profile this friend is and she does not socialize in any events so nobody knows her etc.

If you will forgive me, there's just way too many of these fantastic make it big banking stories in this forum. Similar claims were also made in the SIM-UOL and banking BO thread and despite numerous challenges, nobody has been able to provide even one simple linkedin profile of all these poly/pte uni make it big superstars.

I am not even asking you to tell me who this "friend" is, just the bank she is working so that I can tap my connections to find out and approach her directly. All I hear are numerous implausible excuses of some hermit life mysterious compliance super high flying poly SVP.

It is obvious you have not enough exposure to the level of high finance. As long as the performance is good, numerous people can reach SVP in their late 20 or early 30 as long as their performance is good. The poly grad just need to work harder but can easily exceed the uni grad if better performer, banks only believe in hard work & performance instead of the exam cert all the time.

adsl- 14-12-2015 05:19 PM

just curious . If i am a fresh grad looking to start my career along this line, where can i get job at? basically from jobsg/jobbanks all require at least certain amount of experiences.

fred182 14-12-2015 06:23 PM

Hi guys, I'm heading for an interview at one of our local banks for Compliance. What should I expect as salary for fresh grad in Compliance?

Unregistered 14-12-2015 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fred182 (Post 76840)
Hi guys, I'm heading for an interview at one of our local banks for Compliance. What should I expect as salary for fresh grad in Compliance?

$4 - $4.5k

Unregistered 17-12-2015 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76830)
It is obvious you have not enough exposure to the level of high finance. As long as the performance is good, numerous people can reach SVP in their late 20 or early 30 as long as their performance is good. The poly grad just need to work harder but can easily exceed the uni grad if better performer, banks only believe in hard work & performance instead of the exam cert all the time.

Cool Story Bro.

Unregistered 17-12-2015 04:29 PM

usual outrageous claims without any shred of evidence...

Unregistered 17-12-2015 04:52 PM

SVP by age of late 20s to early 30s? in the field of compliance? try harder brah. everyone knows u're full of sh!t.

Unregistered 17-12-2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76830)
As long as the performance is good, numerous people can reach SVP in their late 20 or early 30 as long as their performance is good.

another dua pao in the house