Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 08-06-2015 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwk (Post 67650)
Basic at $6k at associate level? Which area of aml compliance are you in? Compliance advisory?

I'm currently in private banking compliance.

Also thanks for the feedback received. Will continue to look towards FO compliance and/or Corporate Banking compliance exposure...hopefully increments will still maintain for the next few years (fingers crossed) and with 1-2 job hops will be able to secure the coveted 5-figure monthly income.

Unregistered 10-06-2015 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 67835)
I'm currently in private banking compliance.

Also thanks for the feedback received. Will continue to look towards FO compliance and/or Corporate Banking compliance exposure...hopefully increments will still maintain for the next few years (fingers crossed) and with 1-2 job hops will be able to secure the coveted 5-figure monthly income.

Hey there !
How long have you been in PB compliance and what are your total years of exp (including those non-aml related)? I've recently moved to a small sized PB doing aml focused compliance work (advisory / POC for escalations, etc) and i have <3yrs exp covering corp banking aml/cft work. Money is reasonable given my overall years of exp (basic would be high 4s, adding in bonuses will bring me close to high 5s)

Unregistered 12-06-2015 01:03 AM

Hmm actually what exactly does compliance do? What is the difference between compliance advisory and aml/kyc? For which one will mas experience help?

I see that the money is pretty good.... but is the job scalable and interesting to keep one there long? My only idea of compliance is doing checks... transaction monitoring.... implementing aml policies and systems... assessing suspicious transactions etc? What else other than these?

merlosewin 18-06-2015 12:40 PM

No exp entry in KYC

Anybody got connection to get in to KYC/AML? I have no exp. Its getting frustrating guys, since im getting no calls after online application

kimbo8069 04-07-2015 08:47 PM

1st Interview

1st Interview:
Invstmt bank/Age:35/ AML:no exp (5yrs genral work exp)/ Work for APAC speaking local language/ Could I ask 4.5k?

Unregistered 05-07-2015 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimbo8069 (Post 69433)
1st Interview:
Invstmt bank/Age:35/ AML:no exp (5yrs genral work exp)/ Work for APAC speaking local language/ Could I ask 4.5k?

depends on the position, seniority and job scope we're talking about. I do know of ppl working in cdd/kyc getting paid <4k in GS. You need to share more info

Unregistered 05-07-2015 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merlosewin (Post 68597)
Anybody got connection to get in to KYC/AML? I have no exp. Its getting frustrating guys, since im getting no calls after online application

Then try other jobs? Whats so hard...

Unregistered 27-07-2015 12:22 PM

Is compliance a good area to go into for fresh grads?

Unregistered 27-07-2015 10:44 PM

Compliance is overhyped back office.
Media promoting to fill up vacancies.

How good can back office be?

Unregistered 29-07-2015 10:03 AM

I accepted a 3 months contract for AML role at Mizuho Bank. Any insights on what would I be doing? The work environment?