Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 07-03-2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105335)
Thanks for these advice but i am still going to hold on and wait for the offer. I dont think situation is as pessimistic as you made it out to be but i have a mixture of local and pte uni senior/friends doing very well in KYC/AML domain. Most of them are drawing high 4 figures salary and cashing in at close to 100k p.a so i presume that is where the money is in compliance. Nobody will care if i work for db or mthree consulting as long as i can smoke my way through the next interview if db doesnt convert me. I think there is still an acute shortage of kyc/aml professionals and these functions cant be offshore unlike certain compliance function so that offers me career longevity, stability and progression and i believe i would eventually go into an advisory role with more experience.

The wait is real. any updates?

Unregistered 10-03-2018 07:14 PM

Financial Crime Compliance vs Market Compliance, which compliance is better ?

Unregistered 11-03-2018 09:56 AM

Salary Research

Hello All,

Had a question about the possible salary for my wife. We have a move in the works with my company to come over from the states so she would be on a dependent visa to start.

Here is her profile:
28 Years Old
BS in Mathematics, BS in Statistics and MS in Statistics (US universities)
2 years as an AML Analyst at Citi , 1 year as an AML/Sanctions Officer at an Investment Bank, 1 year as an Optimization Analyst(threshold tuning etc...) at the same Investment Bank.

With that sort of experience and education, will she be able to find a job and what would be the market rate?

Unregistered 11-03-2018 10:04 AM

Salary Research Edit

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105549)
Hello All,

Had a question about the possible salary for my wife. We have a move in the works with my company to come over from the states so she would be on a dependent visa to start.

Here is her profile:
28 Years Old
BS in Mathematics, BS in Statistics and MS in Statistics (US universities)
2 years as an AML Analyst at Citi , 1 year as an AML/Sanctions Officer at an Investment Bank, 1 year as an Optimization Analyst(threshold tuning etc...) at the same Investment Bank.

With that sort of experience and education, will she be able to find a job and what would be the market rate?

Forgot to mention, CAMS Certified.

Unregistered 11-03-2018 02:16 PM

From someone who is in the industry and doing the same thing, she should be drawing at least 120k p.a else she is underpaid for sure.

Unregistered 11-03-2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105550)
Forgot to mention, CAMS Certified.

I have a similar profile with your wife just and my experience also aml related. I have a msc and cams certified. I have 4 years aml experience and 1 year in banking operations.

Right now I am taking 6.2k base and bonus is average 1.5 to 2 months.

I think it depends on the company as well.

Unregistered 12-03-2018 01:57 AM

Salary Research

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105558)
From someone who is in the industry and doing the same thing, she should be drawing at least 120k p.a else she is underpaid for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105559)
I have a similar profile with your wife just and my experience also aml related. I have a msc and cams certified. I have 4 years aml experience and 1 year in banking operations.

Right now I am taking 6.2k base and bonus is average 1.5 to 2 months.

I think it depends on the company as well.

Thank you for the quick responses.So the total comp should be between 6-10k per month. Would she need to look for jobs with a title of Senior or AVP to get that sort of salary?

And in terms of actually finding a job, can she start applying while still in the states or would she have to be on the ground in SG? If she has to wait until we make the move, I would assume the application/hiring process would take somewhere between 2-4 months?

Unregistered 12-03-2018 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105585)
Thank you for the quick responses.So the total comp should be between 6-10k per month. Would she need to look for jobs with a title of Senior or AVP to get that sort of salary?

And in terms of actually finding a job, can she start applying while still in the states or would she have to be on the ground in SG? If she has to wait until we make the move, I would assume the application/hiring process would take somewhere between 2-4 months?

It is alright to apply now but just tell the company your availability. Almost all interviews require face to face.

It is not so much of the title but the salary range. In some banks avp are inflated titles. Some banks have stable bonus while some banks dont give out bonus or it is just less than 0.5 months.

I am working in a payments MNC and my title is just analyst. But the salary range can be from 5k to 8k plus excluding bonus.

Unregistered 12-03-2018 11:29 AM

v1 shutdown

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105441)
The wait is real. any updates?

Not yet. :(

Unregistered 12-03-2018 04:20 PM

Hi. i have a question to ask the more experienced guys here. If i want to step into the compliance field, will it be a good start to enter a 100% data entry KYC role with a 12 months contract?