Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 26-08-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55453)
headhunt for uob pb aml/kyc?

well. not just aml/kyc role, could be other roles as well... if you do, kindly email me the contact. tia.

issey 27-08-2014 05:34 PM

In compliance department, what direction will be more sought after by companies with better salary package?

Unregistered 28-08-2014 10:14 PM

Sorry to butt in this thread. I'm a fresh grad just gotten a financial crime compliance role with a foreign bank drawing very near to 4s. (in my 6th month now)

Just wondering where and when should i make the move? I've talked to some recruiters and the roles that they have on hand doesnt give me a very big pay jump ( looking at 15 - 20%) and still doing the same thing...

So i'm pretty much stuck here, not able to move for a higher pay or a supervisory position cos of the lack in exp. I'm taking my professional certs next yr but i'm just wondering when can I make the move, and how much / how big of a jump am i looking at?

My goal is to move out of financial crime eventually, which part of compliance is feasible for me to go, lets say in 5 years time.

Unregistered 28-08-2014 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55600)
Sorry to butt in this thread. I'm a fresh grad just gotten a financial crime compliance role with a foreign bank drawing very near to 4s. (in my 6th month now)

Just wondering where and when should i make the move? I've talked to some recruiters and the roles that they have on hand doesnt give me a very big pay jump ( looking at 15 - 20%) and still doing the same thing...

So i'm pretty much stuck here, not able to move for a higher pay or a supervisory position cos of the lack in exp. I'm taking my professional certs next yr but i'm just wondering when can I make the move, and how much / how big of a jump am i looking at?

My goal is to move out of financial crime eventually, which part of compliance is feasible for me to go, lets say in 5 years time.

just started 6 month and fresh grad, already think of moving? stay on for 2 full years first, then jump to KYC.

Nearly 4k for fresh grad already good

Unregistered 28-08-2014 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55603)
just started 6 month and fresh grad, already think of moving? stay on for 2 full years first, then jump to KYC.

Yes i know.. I guess I'm too anxious bout it. Reason being - my chances of getting promoted in the near future ( say 2 to 3 yrs) seems very low because there r already few "old birds" in the dept waiting in the queue plus they are the "pak si beh zao" kind (= won't leave no matter what)... And the bank.. well.. probably wouldn't give any yearly increments or at most 1-2%...

I'm exposed to many areas from reviewing transactions, investigation and advisory for sanction related matters, bits of here and there for KYC. Haven't got the chance to be exposed to onboarding work at all. Say, armed with CAMS and maybe a compliance diploma from ICTA with 2 years of relevant investigation / advisory work in AML/CFT, what is the range of pay should I be looking at?

Unregistered 28-08-2014 11:35 PM

Quote:

Why to KYC? Doesn't staying in compliance provide a better career path for him?

Or is onboarding KYC a better deal nowadays?

Unregistered 28-08-2014 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55605)
Why to KYC? Doesn't staying in compliance provide a better career path for him?

Or is onboarding KYC a better deal nowadays?

Kyc is under FCC technically. Some banks separate them / some banks lump all togt n calls them aml compliance. Regardless, the work mostly r quite similar.

Unless he is referring to those kyc ops guys i.e scanning docs and updating the database n such.

Unregistered 29-08-2014 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55607)
Kyc is under FCC technically. Some banks separate them / some banks lump all togt n calls them aml compliance. Regardless, the work mostly r quite similar.

Unless he is referring to those kyc ops guys i.e scanning docs and updating the database n such.

I don't think he is referring to those KYC Ops guys though, as its just updating and scanning of docs, which does not seem to have a bright future.

Unregistered 29-08-2014 11:49 PM

Quote:

Like to know your view on why will it be better to jump to KYC when he is in compliance.

All along I feel that compliance provides a better exposure platform and progression chance.

Unregistered 01-09-2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55600)

sounds like you are based in changi... only that particular place is paying that high for fresh grad i suppose?