Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anyone jobless for a long time before? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2271-anyone-jobless-long-time-before.html)

Unregistered 15-07-2014 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 53430)
How long have u been jobless for? I have been jobless for close to 5 months. :(

me 9 months. savings already depleting

Unregistered 15-07-2014 06:58 PM

Hi all.. Can I ask u guys a question. I have the contact numbers of 2 HR officers - one who called and emailed me to go down for the job interview and the other one who is part of the panel of interviewers. If I wish to call to check on the outcome of the interview, who should I call? Thanks.

Unregistered 15-07-2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 53433)
Hi all.. Can I ask u guys a question. I have the contact numbers of 2 HR officers - one who called and emailed me to go down for the job interview and the other one who is part of the panel of interviewers. If I wish to call to check on the outcome of the interview, who should I call? Thanks.

always call the one who shortlist you/ask you go down for job interview. Only email the interviewer for thank you note.

Unregistered 15-07-2014 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 53434)
always call the one who shortlist you/ask you go down for job interview. Only email the interviewer for thank you note.

Thanks for ur reply. So means that I call the HR officer who called and emailed me to go down for the job interview?

How do u get the email of the interviewer to email him/her a thank you note? Usually I don't have chance to get the email of the interviewer.

Reiner 15-07-2014 11:28 PM

Thank You Note

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 53434)

Hi
Just wanna check if is there any value in writing Thank You note? It doesn't seem like Sg style.
Please advise!

Unregistered 16-07-2014 12:02 AM

Always write a thank you note regardless whether you are in western countries or Singapore.

Unregistered 16-07-2014 12:30 AM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;53445]Always write a thank you note regardless whether you are in western countries or Singapore.[/QUOTE

But how do u get the email address of the interviewer? It's kinda weird to request for it during the interview.

Unregistered 16-07-2014 01:00 AM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;53448]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 53445)
Always write a thank you note regardless whether you are in western countries or Singapore.[/QUOTE

But how do u get the email address of the interviewer? It's kinda weird to request for it during the interview.

Try get from interviewers directly. Normally, it's possible if only 1 or 2 interviewers involved. Or else, email to the person who call you/ email you the details of the interview to thank the interviewers on your behalf. She may convey your message to your interviewers.

I strongly believe that thank you note is necessary because it can help you stand out from other interviewers depending on how you write. If you miss out any details during the interview, you can add in as well.

Bubbletea 16-07-2014 09:18 AM

Anyone found jobs liao?

Unregistered 17-07-2014 12:49 AM

fresh grad! 2.5 already and counting! :(