Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anyone jobless for a long time before? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2271-anyone-jobless-long-time-before.html)

Unregistered 28-05-2023 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248923)
hes been jobless for 2 years not 2 months u dumb fk

"Once above 40 it will get very challenging to get a new job."

says who and based on what data?

what a dumb fk, make up ******** + cannot differentiate 2 years vs 2 months

jialat

Based on the fact that you are in this thread obviously jobless as well. Burn@

Unregistered 28-05-2023 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249043)
Spoken by someone who has never known poverty. There is no dignity in poverty.
I knew a guy in 2019 who threw his resignation letter two months before the covid situation hit. He was not happy with the poor review he got from the boss, and the increased supervision the managers were giving him. He has two kids and was in his late forties. It really ****ed him up. During covid, the only job he could get is the SG gov created gig jobs. He was let go after the covid situation died down. Jumping from gig job to gig job. It is 2023 and I just heard last month he is still trying to get back into our industry. There is already a four-year gap, and no one in the industry will hire him in his 50s. We are laughing at him and used him as a cautionary tale about pride. He went from a 5 digit monthly salary to living from hand to mouth with a freaking family to bring up.

I know several guys in their 30s like that as well. Now most are doing grab driver full time.

Unregistered 29-05-2023 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249043)
Spoken by someone who has never known poverty. There is no dignity in poverty.
I knew a guy in 2019 who threw his resignation letter two months before the covid situation hit. He was not happy with the poor review he got from the boss, and the increased supervision the managers were giving him. He has two kids and was in his late forties. It really ****ed him up. During covid, the only job he could get is the SG gov created gig jobs. He was let go after the covid situation died down. Jumping from gig job to gig job. It is 2023 and I just heard last month he is still trying to get back into our industry. There is already a four-year gap, and no one in the industry will hire him in his 50s. We are laughing at him and used him as a cautionary tale about pride. He went from a 5 digit monthly salary to living from hand to mouth with a freaking family to bring up.

Hope you don't suay in another way and get laughed at by other ppl. Remember you laughed at other people's misfortune, you may get your own karma oneday in another way. And oh, please allow ppl to use your example as cautionary tale too.

Unregistered 29-05-2023 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249095)
I know several guys in their 30s like that as well. Now most are doing grab driver full time.

They lazy to find job.

Unregistered 29-05-2023 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248979)
dignity is the most important thing. Life means little if u live like a mindless slave.

Your post already suggests you already mindless (aka brainless) so you got dignity or not there is no difference.

Unregistered 29-05-2023 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249085)
I respect this guy who is willing to quit, despite the typical boomer mentality that one must secure a job before leaving. Nowadays youngsters are much more willing to quit without a next job, prioritising mental health etc. nothing wrong with that.

Nothing to do with boomer or not boomer mentality.

Youngsters quit without a job cos they are young and still live off their parents. Anything happens they can go home and cry for more pocket money no worries.

We are talking about ppl with families and kids to feed.

Unregistered 29-05-2023 07:51 PM

Sighhhhhhh

Unregistered 30-05-2023 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249167)
They lazy to find job.

Lazy to find job, picky not willing to settle for lower salary and restart. End up drive grab for long time no chance to go back corporate jobs. Lastly blame gov, blame PAP, blame society, blame FT, blame everyone but himself. Sounds familiar...

Unregistered 14-06-2023 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249166)
Hope you don't suay in another way and get laughed at by other ppl. Remember you laughed at other people's misfortune, you may get your own karma oneday in another way. And oh, please allow ppl to use your example as cautionary tale too.

Been around this planet long enough to know karma is the last resort of the weak. Life is not a TV show. Bad ppl don't get punished in real life, they get paid insanely well. In fact, to survive and thrive in the corporate setting, people with psychopathic tendencies tend to climb to the top. If you see someone you don't like fall down, it is not "karma". It is just a coincidence. Why do you think ppl laughed at the fool who quit out of pride? Because, he actually thinks that he can climb back on the ladder easily. To get on the same position on the ladder in another company, you are blocking someone else. It is a bloody cutthroat world.

What are the learning points of this cautionary tale?
- Don't quit without securing another job.
- Endure if your financial position is not healthy yet.
- If you are out of the industry for 4 years, it is very difficult to climb back up the same ladder. SG is very small, work long enough, most ppl know or seen each other. If your peers are laughing at you, look for another ladder, you are done in the industry.
- If you are in your 40s and 50s, think very carefully before quiting. Especially if you are paid 5 digits. Not easy to find another company willing to pay that unless you can make money rain. Let alone, this guy was underperforming in his current company. Word gets out. SG is very small. My nickname from 1 company followed me into multiple companies for 7 years.
- All your finances should be in order before you hit 50.
- Prepare for ppl to laugh at your self-inflicted misfortune.

Unregistered 22-06-2023 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249981)
Been around this planet long enough to know karma is the last resort of the weak. Life is not a TV show. Bad ppl don't get punished in real life, they get paid insanely well. In fact, to survive and thrive in the corporate setting, people with psychopathic tendencies tend to climb to the top. If you see someone you don't like fall down, it is not "karma". It is just a coincidence. Why do you think ppl laughed at the fool who quit out of pride? Because, he actually thinks that he can climb back on the ladder easily. To get on the same position on the ladder in another company, you are blocking someone else. It is a bloody cutthroat world.

What are the learning points of this cautionary tale?
- Don't quit without securing another job.
- Endure if your financial position is not healthy yet.
- If you are out of the industry for 4 years, it is very difficult to climb back up the same ladder. SG is very small, work long enough, most ppl know or seen each other. If your peers are laughing at you, look for another ladder, you are done in the industry.
- If you are in your 40s and 50s, think very carefully before quiting. Especially if you are paid 5 digits. Not easy to find another company willing to pay that unless you can make money rain. Let alone, this guy was underperforming in his current company. Word gets out. SG is very small. My nickname from 1 company followed me into multiple companies for 7 years.
- All your finances should be in order before you hit 50.
- Prepare for ppl to laugh at your self-inflicted misfortune.

I am in my late 40s, just tested water to see my market value. Sent out several resume to diff companies. No replies. Luckily I still got my current job. No joke. Imagine I rage quit. What will happen.