Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anyone jobless for a long time before? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2271-anyone-jobless-long-time-before.html)

Unregistered 28-06-2023 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 250665)
I can foresee when you are in your 50s and gotten retrenched, you will do the same thing again and become an annoying evil lao ah pek.

I can foresee you in your deathbed, regretting why u worked so hard and still end up with low pay and morale

Unregistered 28-06-2023 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 250777)
It really sounds like you're the cunt in this story

isn't it obviously? took you long enough

Unregistered 01-07-2023 10:43 PM

jobless: 10months
did not take up the recontract offer after contract end, decided to take a break first after travelling is open up after covid. lucky for me, im single with no commitments and parents are still healthy.

Unregistered 01-07-2023 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251170)
did not take up the recontract offer after contract end, decided to take a break first after travelling is open up after covid. lucky for me, im single with no commitments and parents are still healthy.

Dangerous. You might end up chronically jobless as employers dislike seeing gaps in the resume.

Unregistered 04-07-2023 02:10 AM

And so, I just got placed on a 3 month performance improvement programme.

Can i considered myself as retrenched..
Should i just quit.

Unregistered 04-07-2023 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251488)
And so, I just got placed on a 3 month performance improvement programme.

Can i considered myself as retrenched..
Should i just quit.

A PIP is supposedly a programme to help underperformers improve. However in reality, it is generally used as a step for the company to generate solid proof that you CMI in your role before firing you, so that you won't have a case against them for unfair dismissal.

Given the above, you can consider yourself fired instead of retrenched. There are usually benefits and compensation that come with retrenchment but not a sacking.

Best to start your job hunt now while collecting 3 more months of pay. Good luck.

Unregistered 04-07-2023 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251171)
Dangerous. You might end up chronically jobless as employers dislike seeing gaps in the resume.

no choice. younger brother passed away due to suicide, so had to manage my parents,bring them holidays to散心abit and also to spent more times with them.

if cannot find job, at most go do grabfood, lower expectations in daily life. :)

Unregistered 04-07-2023 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251505)
A PIP is supposedly a programme to help underperformers improve. However in reality, it is generally used as a step for the company to generate solid proof that you CMI in your role before firing you, so that you won't have a case against them for unfair dismissal.

Given the above, you can consider yourself fired instead of retrenched. There are usually benefits and compensation that come with retrenchment but not a sacking.

Best to start your job hunt now while collecting 3 more months of pay. Good luck.

Hey there, cheer up! I survived a PIP placement period. U can do it. Stay focus.

Unregistered 04-07-2023 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251170)

How about studying?

Unregistered 06-07-2023 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 250799)
I can foresee you in your deathbed, regretting why u worked so hard and still end up with low pay and morale

By then I will have fat savings and with that higher morale. Or you saying I have no life to spend ? lol