Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anyone jobless for a long time before? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2271-anyone-jobless-long-time-before.html)

Unregistered 11-05-2023 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juann (Post 244310)
The job was a contract job for 2years. But I left quite early like 2-3months after joined since I feel the job was not a right fit for me.

Really dunno what to do. I am in Science field and only experience working in laboratory in my entire career. Don't ask me go to research bcz this area also not my liking. Thinking of switch career but don't know what is the best for me.

But why? How do you determine its not a right fit in 3 months? Seems you are not really desperate. Fyi no such thing as dream job. All job has pros and cons.

Unregistered 11-05-2023 10:32 AM

Left my previous job due to its intensity of workload in early Jan this year, with a plan to work with a friend but sadly it didn't work out.

Now jobless and having been applying for jobs but no good news so far. Sadly I find myself still applying to the same industry job scope and even have a feeling of regret leaving my previous job. Mixed feeling -.-

Unregistered 23-05-2023 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248119)
Left my previous job due to its intensity of workload in early Jan this year, with a plan to work with a friend but sadly it didn't work out.

Now jobless and having been applying for jobs but no good news so far. Sadly I find myself still applying to the same industry job scope and even have a feeling of regret leaving my previous job. Mixed feeling -.-

It is very common to feel like this. The usual advice is always leave a job for another job in place. The mistake decision you made is leaving a paying job for another unconfirmed 'green pasture'. What is done cannot be undone. Just keep looking for another job.

Unregistered 23-05-2023 06:03 PM

tmr marks 1 year that I have been jobless. graduated from sim uol, gotten my last offer at 3k. Left the job after 1 year, went looking for new job, only gotten offers at ard 3.2k, felt humiliating so I did not take up the offer. Before I know it, I hit the 1 year jobless mark.

Unregistered 23-05-2023 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248861)
tmr marks 1 year that I have been jobless. graduated from sim uol, gotten my last offer at 3k. Left the job after 1 year, went looking for new job, only gotten offers at ard 3.2k, felt humiliating so I did not take up the offer. Before I know it, I hit the 1 year jobless mark.

Jiayou bro, just keep trying :)

Unregistered 23-05-2023 09:54 PM

Quote:

Never leave without securing a job first.

Unregistered 23-05-2023 10:52 PM

Quote:

Which company/industry is this? And how do u pass the time?

Unregistered 24-05-2023 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248876)
Which company/industry is this? And how do u pass the time?

marketing, play games lo and live off savings.

Unregistered 24-05-2023 03:52 PM

2 years

I was jobless for 2yrs, 2018-2020.
Left my job in fundraising. Was too tired doing fundraising for charitable cause.

I was 40+.

Thought I would find a new job easily, but turn out to be damn hard.

Unregistered 24-05-2023 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248912)
I was jobless for 2yrs, 2018-2020.
Left my job in fundraising. Was too tired doing fundraising for charitable cause.

I was 40+.

Thought I would find a new job easily, but turn out to be damn hard.

Once above 40 it will get very challenging to get a new job. More so you have been jobless for 2 months