Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anyone jobless for a long time before? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2271-anyone-jobless-long-time-before.html)

Unregistered 29-06-2016 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87859)
Yeah. I've been there for 1 month. It's perfectly fine. Chances are you'll be in the hotel/office most of the time anyway.

Nowadays terror groups can just barge into hotels, what makes you think it is 'perfectly' fine ? You are just being lucky that the place you were in was not targeted.

Unregistered 29-06-2016 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87895)
Nowadays terror groups can just barge into hotels, what makes you think it is 'perfectly' fine ? You are just being lucky that the place you were in was not targeted.

The same can happen anywhere in the world - paris, bangkok, new york, etc even singapore. Going to be hard to climb the career ladder if you're gonna give in to such fears.

Unregistered 29-06-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87860)
which part of India have you been to?

kolkata for one month

Unregistered 29-06-2016 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87894)
Better to choose another job.

Does the original poster have an option of another job to choose from?

Unregistered 29-06-2016 10:26 AM

Is your boss also an employee or the owner of the company?

Are you afraid of him/her?

If your boss is also an employee of the company and you are not afraid of her/him, I would suggest fight back.

Know your work well and stand your ground. Better if you can show his boss your worth.

Where I work, it is not uncommon for subordinates to rise and overtake their bosses. Not only in the private sector, in the civil service, this is very common. When this happens, usually the previous boss would leave.

Sometimes a boss bully the subordinates becos of inferiority complex or feel insecure about themselves, their job.

If you are good, find opportunity to show your boss' boss your capability. It is a different story if your boss' boss are buddy buddy with each other.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87789)
Would you quit if your boss keep bullying you and maligning you ?

Infront of customer say you things like ,' Sorry ah, my staff very stupid' etc.. Then anytime can malign you.

It is not one time thing. I have been enduring this boss for coming 2 years, recently getting worse.

Should I endure until I got a new job ? It is unbearable.

Unregistered 29-06-2016 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87899)
Does the original poster have an option of another job to choose from?

Not as if in Singapore, that is the only job available. Come on, you want to risk your own life just to earn that money ??????? Are you nuts ?

Unregistered 29-06-2016 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87897)
The same can happen anywhere in the world - paris, bangkok, new york, etc even singapore. Going to be hard to climb the career ladder if you're gonna give in to such fears.

At least Singapore is still the safest among all the countries you mentioned. Risk your life to climb career ladder ??????

Unregistered 29-06-2016 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87898)
kolkata for one month

Consider carefully la. Some posters' here think their lives are not as important as their career so .....

Go at your own risk.

Unregistered 29-06-2016 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87908)
At least Singapore is still the safest among all the countries you mentioned. Risk your life to climb career ladder ??????

So you dont travel at all? Not even for leisure?!

Unregistered 29-06-2016 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87910)
Consider carefully la. Some posters' here think their lives are not as important as their career so .....

Go at your own risk.

The world isnt as scary as you make it out to be.
No wonder singapore needs to import foreign talents.
Many corporate jobs require travel nowadays.