Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

HumanBean 19-09-2015 11:06 AM

Ministry to Stat Board and Vice Versa

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72701)
I have ask my HR, if ur in ministry now and go to stat board, its considered transfer of service. Means bonus wont be reset. but you need to apply la for the jobs when listed on careers@gov, u go interview all this, once selected will than the agency initiate the transfer to your ministry and will pending approval from your boss..

Actually, transfer of service only applies if you move from Ministry to Ministry. The civil service implemented that because too many people were quitting and moving between Ministries to get better pay and career prospects. Also, Ministries also use the same career scheme - the MX scheme, so it's not difficult to do a transfer administratively.

If you were to move from Ministry to stat board or vice-versa, there are 2 possibilities:

(1) Secondment from Ministry to stat board - generally only applies if the stat board is under the Ministry (e.g. move from MOT to LTA) and if the Ministry actually allows it. What happens is that you eventually have to return to the Ministry though (unless you quit to join the stat board).

(2) Quit from Ministry to go to stat board - applies in most cases if the stat board is not under the Ministry (e.g. move from MOT to IDA).

Quitting though means you forgo benefits that you can get with years of service (e.g. long service award or additional leave after 10 years of service) because the counter for your years of service gets restarted.

Hope this helps.

Unregistered 19-09-2015 11:02 PM

Applied to Spring on 2 Sept. Have 1 year exp in a law firm, 2 year exp in a tech start up. Status changed to 'in process' on 14 Sept. No call or word since- not sure if good or bad.

Unregistered 20-09-2015 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72836)
Applied to Spring on 2 Sept. Have 1 year exp in a law firm, 2 year exp in a tech start up. Status changed to 'in process' on 14 Sept. No call or word since- not sure if good or bad.

spare tyre, perhaps?

Unregistered 20-09-2015 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72836)

in-process means they saw your application, that's all.

Unregistered 20-09-2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69696)
Yes, this is very true. I also had my interview on Friday, and the following Monday the HR of the organization inform me about my offer. Apparently, they took quite long to process my contract hahaha

Exactly same for me. I am still waiting for my security clearance after body checkup and two interviews.

xiaopangbronco 04-10-2015 09:21 PM

Check with you all normally for statboard i applied online will they only call me up for interview after the application period ends?

Unregistered 04-10-2015 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaopangbronco (Post 73418)
Check with you all normally for statboard i applied online will they only call me up for interview after the application period ends?

see the hr loh... if got a lot of people apply then maybe they clear in batches... if nobody apply then cant be hr ask senior mgmt to come interview 1 guy only right? so they will accumulate until got a few then one shot settle the interviews on 1 day.

Unregistered 07-10-2015 03:51 PM

Interviewed at a statboard on 2 Sep, got an email from HR a week later telling me that they are considering me positively for the role and would get back to me with their offer the following week, and would contact me once the contract is ready.

1 month later still no response from them since that email. That job position has been re posted twice since then.

Should I call the HR to check?

Unregistered 07-10-2015 05:50 PM

In Process

Hi, I would like to ask usually how long do they contact you after they change the application status to In Process?

Actually I have worked in Stat Board before and just wondering will they not even consider me for an interview since I have jumped to pte sector now.

Unregistered 08-10-2015 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumanBean (Post 72822)
Actually, transfer of service only applies if you move from Ministry to Ministry. The civil service implemented that because too many people were quitting and moving between Ministries to get better pay and career prospects. Also, Ministries also use the same career scheme - the MX scheme, so it's not difficult to do a transfer administratively.

If you were to move from Ministry to stat board or vice-versa, there are 2 possibilities:

(1) Secondment from Ministry to stat board - generally only applies if the stat board is under the Ministry (e.g. move from MOT to LTA) and if the Ministry actually allows it. What happens is that you eventually have to return to the Ministry though (unless you quit to join the stat board).

(2) Quit from Ministry to go to stat board - applies in most cases if the stat board is not under the Ministry (e.g. move from MOT to IDA).

Quitting though means you forgo benefits that you can get with years of service (e.g. long service award or additional leave after 10 years of service) because the counter for your years of service gets restarted.

Hope this helps.

im currently in a ministry and got an offer at one of the organs of state, they inform me that its transfer of service and bonus and year of service not effected. but in the end i rejected the offer cause so far from my home, so many ERP somemore, haha.. still trying for others though..