Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 26-08-2015 02:46 PM

Anyone has experience in applying for jobs in polytechnic before for non teaching positions? What is their hiring process like?

Unregistered 01-09-2015 01:07 PM

Went for a SB interview that lasted less than 20 mins. Most of the time they do the talking on job scope and what I would be doing, leaving little opportunity for me to sell myself. They don't even ask me standard interview questions. Its only a one round interview and HR says would get back to me within 1 week if I'm offered. Its already been two days and no calls... Looks like no hope.....

Unregistered 01-09-2015 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72189)
Went for a SB interview that lasted less than 20 mins. Most of the time they do the talking on job scope and what I would be doing, leaving little opportunity for me to sell myself. They don't even ask me standard interview questions. Its only a one round interview and HR says would get back to me within 1 week if I'm offered. Its already been two days and no calls... Looks like no hope.....

give urself another 3 more days. Mai worry too much

Unregistered 01-09-2015 03:48 PM

Care to share which sb?

Unregistered 01-09-2015 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72198)
Care to share which sb?

Public Utilities board

Unregistered 01-09-2015 07:44 PM

Wait a few more days. I am also waiting for their decision. It's been more than two wks.

Unregistered 14-09-2015 11:34 PM

keen to hire equate offer?

Read this thread that pending management approval can take months and deal might be off.
May I know how true is this?

Went for interview at SB.
Within 2 weeks, first interview, 1 week later second interview.
1.5 week later ask for reference to do ref chk.

Tell me tat its pending management approval after reference reply.
CEO on leave for a week, process will drag longer than usual.
End month then can reply. Therafter another week or two to prepare letter of offer and sign letter of offer.
But assured me the hiring department is very keen in me.

What is my chances of confirmed getting the post?
This is similar to my current scope and am keen in position.

Got another 2 offers with heavy paycut in somewhat unrelated field tat expect me to start first week of Oct..
Should I reject this 2 offers? Would the risk be too huge?

Unregistered 16-09-2015 01:59 PM

what are the chances of transferring from ministry to statboard (not under the ministry). example from mti to mas?

Unregistered 16-09-2015 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72692)
what are the chances of transferring from ministry to statboard (not under the ministry). example from mti to mas?

I have ask my HR, if ur in ministry now and go to stat board, its considered transfer of service. Means bonus wont be reset. but you need to apply la for the jobs when listed on careers@gov, u go interview all this, once selected will than the agency initiate the transfer to your ministry and will pending approval from your boss..

Unregistered 19-09-2015 10:25 AM

got one stat board is damn weird seriously. got a call from them but couldnt pick up. call back 30 minutes later, they say interview slots all full liao. will call me back if they got vacancy in the next round.

and its manager level one, not exec level. so many people apply? do they do proper shortlisting?