Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 07-04-2016 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82975)
I'm offered a perm position but comes with 1 year contract at the start (also subjected to renewal). Is this the norm for perm position in CS? It feels as though I'm hired as a contact staff instead....

some agencies practise one year before emplacement, some two, and others, three. all depends on individual agencies. as long as its not a contract role without estab, work hard and you will get emplaced.

trastus 08-04-2016 08:29 PM

So recently I have been shortlisted for 2 positions - one in a ministry, the other in a stat board.

Both asked to do an informal interview. Is this what government agencies like to engage in now? Lol, informal interviews huh.

Anyone has any idea what to expect and how much does it really differ? I would love to know! :D

Unregistered 08-04-2016 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trastus (Post 83113)
So recently I have been shortlisted for 2 positions - one in a ministry, the other in a stat board.

Both asked to do an informal interview. Is this what government agencies like to engage in now? Lol, informal interviews huh.

Anyone has any idea what to expect and how much does it really differ? I would love to know! :D

This is part of the formal recruitment process - does not matter if they call it tea session or informal chat. Screw this up at your own peril. At this stage, you will typically be made to take a writing test as well.

trastus 12-04-2016 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83134)
This is part of the formal recruitment process - does not matter if they call it tea session or informal chat. Screw this up at your own peril. At this stage, you will typically be made to take a writing test as well.

I see, thanks for the heads up!

Unregistered 12-04-2016 01:09 PM

Hi, would like know what is the time line for AGD to process their applications? My application is 'in process' for more than 2 weeks. What are the chances to be shortlisted and interviewed?

Unregistered 12-04-2016 01:41 PM

msf

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83001)
how long did msf take to get back u? want to work with them but no reply so far :(

another poster here--went for their first round (with writing test) about 5-6 weeks ago. no updates still. 2 weeks ago emailed HR and they informed the panel was still deliberating, so i guess most likely the ship has sailed by now. btw i was called up for an interview less than a week after applying online.

Unregistered 12-04-2016 04:10 PM

Anyone graduating this year and have already been offered? Wondering what's the fresh grad pay scale like for this year, specifically FSO and Economist schemes.

Unregistered 15-04-2016 03:53 PM

is it difficult to get a job in civil service?

Mike 16-04-2016 01:23 PM

Depend on whether you are their stereotype employee

You definitely has to be good at writing story, having said that writing good stories don't equate to can perform. This HR process is still way way backdated to the ancient time. If you want a job there, you have to play along their games

SOP, and also yes man culture

Unregistered 16-05-2016 07:21 PM

interview process

Went for written test and first round interview at a Ministry about 2 weeks ago. Was told that it would take up to 1-2 weeks for them to let me know whether I'm shortlisted for second interview.

My referees told me that HR has contacted them for reference the day after I went for my first interview.

I called the Ministry's HR today, and they said that they are unable to provide an update at this stage and that they will need another 2 weeks as they are still reviewing applications.

Is it normal for Ministries to take 2 + 2 weeks to contact references and shortlist for second interview? Or does it simply mean that I am not shortlisted?

Thx!