Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 12-07-2021 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177541)
For interviews, i have gone for a few and each time I'm contacted within 2 weeks of application if shortlisted. So beyond that I know no chance.

Then after interview, will be contacted after one week if successful. I have not accepted the offer so I don't know the timeline after that. My personal guidance is if no reply 3 weeks after interview, it's not successful. And good to continue applying jobs to keep your mind off the anxiety.

For those who have been successful in securing interview with Min/SB, May I know if you have some relevant experience or fresh grad? I am a fresh grad and has not been able to secure any interview at all. But private was quick to reply me. As some of you said, it is true that if not contacted within 2 weeks, it is a hopeless case. My status changed from process to unsuccessful around 6 weeks later longest.

Unregistered 12-07-2021 10:08 AM

It has been almost 8 weeks since application has closed and my application status is still indicated as ‘in process’. Does this mean there’s no chance of me being shortlisted for the job?

Unregistered 12-07-2021 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177540)
I see, if it's annual increase can take! After all total package is usually dependent on performance in one way or the other.

I am still thinking if I should drop her a message to check status, just that will feel put off if she ignores it. And looking at other replies it's like no chance of success.

No harm sending her another message. I messaged the hr recently and she say need more time. Probably need approval or something?

Unregistered 12-07-2021 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177595)
For those who have been successful in securing interview with Min/SB, May I know if you have some relevant experience or fresh grad? I am a fresh grad and has not been able to secure any interview at all. But private was quick to reply me. As some of you said, it is true that if not contacted within 2 weeks, it is a hopeless case. My status changed from process to unsuccessful around 6 weeks later longest.

As a fresh grad, don’t give up and keep on trying. I manage to secure interviews as a fresh grad, though that was a couple of years ago. But the recruitment process for public sector would take quite a while, averagely about 2-3 months for most cases. So do weigh your options as well.

Unregistered 12-07-2021 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177611)
As a fresh grad, don’t give up and keep on trying. I manage to secure interviews as a fresh grad, though that was a couple of years ago. But the recruitment process for public sector would take quite a while, averagely about 2-3 months for most cases. So do weigh your options as well.

hi may i ask which min/sb you applied to previously and their offering base salary? thx

Unregistered 14-07-2021 04:54 PM

Does anyone know if g50 form is for all MHA employees or only for certain roles within the ministry? How long for clearance? What factors are accounted for in the security check? Thanks!

Unregistered 14-07-2021 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177811)
Does anyone know if g50 form is for all MHA employees or only for certain roles within the ministry? How long for clearance? What factors are accounted for in the security check? Thanks!

All if I'm not wrong!! Not sure on clearance tho

Unregistered 15-07-2021 08:37 PM

Has anyone been to MOE HQ (non teaching) interview? How long will they take to get back on the outcome of the interiview?

Went for the interview last week. Wondering if they will give me a reply soon. Will they send rejection quickly?

Unregistered 16-07-2021 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177883)
Has anyone been to MOE HQ (non teaching) interview? How long will they take to get back on the outcome of the interiview?

Went for the interview last week. Wondering if they will give me a reply soon. Will they send rejection quickly?

There is a separate thread for this under career as a teacher but also discusses non teaching application.

What job did you apply for MOE non teaching? Did you have some working experience or a fresh grad?

Unregistered 16-07-2021 03:14 PM

MHA timeline

Recently have applied for a couple of roles under MHA. Reading some of the responses here it seems no news is good news of majority of the cases?

Any specific advice regarding applications for MHA?