Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 09-11-2020 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148782)
Actually what is a “verbal offer”?

Do they tell you directly that you will be offered? For my case I am just told my the HR that they will submit for approval and clearance. Is that considered a “verbal offer”?

For me, they offered me $x pay.. gave me a few days to consider.. then I accepted.. HR says will submit papers up for approval.

Unregistered 09-11-2020 10:56 AM

How do we rush vital?

Unregistered 09-11-2020 11:16 PM

Work and Skills Immersion Programme

Hi, does anyone know what is the salary range for Work and Skills Immersion Programmes in the public sector? Appreciate any insights on this! Thank you (:

Unregistered 13-11-2020 03:46 PM

hi, does anyone know if submitting a cover letter will help in the application in Careers@gov?

Unregistered 15-11-2020 09:50 PM

more than 2 weeks after attending final round of interview..no news despite chaser email a week earlier, and HR saying still checking with interview panel

Anyone experience this? any chance?

I heard that if panel is really keen on hiring, verbal offer given 1-2 days after final interview?

Unregistered 15-11-2020 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149237)
more than 2 weeks after attending final round of interview..no news despite chaser email a week earlier, and HR saying still checking with interview panel

Anyone experience this? any chance?

I heard that if panel is really keen on hiring, verbal offer given 1-2 days after final interview?

It could be that they are still interviewing more people. If HR says they are still checking with interview panel then no reasons doubting them.

Unregistered 15-11-2020 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149096)
hi, does anyone know if submitting a cover letter will help in the application in Careers@gov?

Like any other job applications in any other sectors, cover letter can help you better explain why you are more suited for the job than just a resume. It really depends on whether the hiring manager is interested to read it I guess.

Unregistered 19-11-2020 03:34 PM

Hi, can I know if anyone's application was processing for few months after 2nd interview but was eventually rejected?

I was told by HR that mine was still processing (for about 2 months+) but wasn't given a verbal offer/medical checkup questionnaire etc.

Can I know if anyone managed to get a verbal offer eventually after waiting for 2 months+ from 2nd interview?

Unregistered 20-11-2020 01:02 AM

Its been 7 Weeks since verbal offer, still awaiting for the CAT1 clearance. Really don't know how long will it takes.

Unregistered 20-11-2020 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149543)
Its been 7 Weeks since verbal offer, still awaiting for the CAT1 clearance. Really don't know how long will it takes.

Quite common. Cat 1 is very long. My colleague waited 8 months. Ur fine.